hydrogen peroxide dosage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hydrogen peroxide dosage

i wanna use hydrogen peroxide in my system how much should i use i have hydrogen peroxide 6%
    can someone give me an idea something to start with
    and don't tell me about 35% the country i live in don't even sell bread to begin with lmaoo jk jk jk

What do you want to use it for ?

Comment

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
      What do you want to use it for ?
      hydroponics for my reservoir
      how much per gallon is good to start with

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        But for what? You are planing to put some in your reservoir but with what purpose?

• jam
        jam commented
        Editing a comment
        you dont know what that is used for in hydroponics really ?

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        For real I don't even use hydroponics. i know its used for various cleaning and antibacterial purposes. I also know it may sound "logic" to add it to provide "oxigen" but I'm pretty sure you and everybody knows it's not beneficial at all. So I really wonder what are you planing on using it for

I'm following the same train of thought as 9fingerleafs, what do you hope to achieve by adding it to your res?
      Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
      600W HPS
      Coco
      GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
      Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

I am with Oz and 9. I guess all three of us need to be enlighten.

Comment

That might be OK for cleaning a cloner, but not in a hydroponics tank.

http://sgsak.com/cleaning-your-cloner/ I usually just use bleach for my cloning machine.

Comment

Comment

• CCisme
              CCisme commented
              Editing a comment
              But the article has a recommended useage amount? And it says not to just use the reg drug store type. Wouldnt cooling the water back down with say an ice bottle a day be easier? And then increase oxygen in a more natrual way?

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              Well yes. As they clearly says "don't use 3% peroxide" that's what we all though you where talking about. It is true some brands sell "special" peroxide but I wouldn't believe their claims. maybe someone has used it and knows more about it but it is not "essential" in my opinion

• jam
              jam commented
              Editing a comment
              yea i will probably use some ice bottles thats a good idea. i have 6% hydrogen peroxide so i was wondering if to use the same amount as what they specified for 35%

If you use air stones and Hydroguard, you will not need to use hydrogen peroxide. My tank is always in the mid 70s and I have never had any problems with root rot.

Comment

• jam
              jam commented
              Editing a comment
              yea i'll get an air pump aswell thanks for that info lol .

jam I didn't read the article, but you do know that H2O2 is only viable for around 24 hours, right? If you get a bad case of root rot that is beyond Hydroguard's ability to wipe out, use Grapefruit Seed Extract.
            Last edited by alltatup; 03-17-2017, 04:11 PM. Reason: to clarify when to use GSE vs Hydroguard
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Use hydrogaurd it's way better!!!!! The hydrogen peroixe kills all bacertia and the oxygenation only last 24hours do not use hp and hydrogaurd at the same til u will reek havick on ur roots. The only time to use hp is either mold/mildew on leaves or root rot or for a clone as the oxygen helps them. For a plant that's already growing dnt use hp unless u have the above problems. USE HYDROGAURD for hydro ponics it's what it's made for.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't use hydroguard but I do use botanicare grow bloom and calmag and they are quality products easy to use

U need good baceria to have a successful grow and hp kills all bacteria

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X