What is the most efficient use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the most efficient use?

Would it loose efficiency connecting two vents face-to-face? thats 2x90degree turns. On the other hand there is just one, but everywhere i find these in use they connect the top T lines towords eachother. Any thoughts?

For sure.

Center Line for in and side lines for out should be good(not the best. 120° shape is better better in any sort of 3 way connection)
    If you need to use this for 2 in and 1 out you better use one of side lines for out and the onthers for in
    Last edited by Iammygod; 03-13-2017, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Xaliuz
      Xaliuz commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea indeed 120 would be the totaly logical way of designing those things!

If you push the air from both tubes it will work. If you pull the air from the single end only one tube will vent.
    Last edited by South Sierra Dude; 03-13-2017, 03:48 PM.
    SSD

Comment

More information about the exact application would be needed for a more specific answer. In general if you are pulling from 2 sources with 1 fan theoretically you would think that you would just cut the flow rate of the fan in half, but in reality the air will actually flow from the source that presents the least resistance. If you are trying to push air from 2 sources with 2 separate fans and join both lines to one exhaust point you would be better served to use a "Y" type connection to minimize blow back. If you are trying to tie into an existing exhaust point I would recommend dampers to prevent back flow from other sources. If it is maximum efficiency that you want, your best bet would be to run all lines independently.
      Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Xaliuz
        Xaliuz commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahh cool just like electricity, the total resistance is allways less than the smallest in paralell systems! Was planning on pushing with two fans, and instead of getting a second scrubber i bought a cheap 90degree 3way thing... Might reconsider but it will have to work for now. Are dampers one-way-vales? But I get it,single lines would be prefered, indeed. More efficient the ventilation is the more stable temperatures I find in the max/min section of the termometer.

• Iammygod
        Iammygod commented
        Editing a comment
        Too much precise scientific answer, Although i admire you for such an answer.

How can i fallow all of your next replies? Any way to do so in GWE?

• Xaliuz
        Xaliuz commented
        Editing a comment
        We have a saying where i come from: "You gotta keep your tongue at the right place while you chew" --> while reading some users reply styles. I often find myself needing to read a post both 2 and 3 times to get it as the info is so compact

Thank you guys for your inputs, they're priceless! The green arrows with 2 pushing fans will have to do for now. I'ts time for internet shopping, a new smell-killer is indeed needed

Comment

Xaliuz, Obi-Wan is correct, for the least resistance (or loss of efficiency), straight line connections are the best. If you must turn or combine flows, the more gradual of a turn will offer the least resistance to the flow. Also the duct work (tees, elbows, and lines) need to be sized properly to lessen the resistance. An eight inch diameter duct will carry almost twice as much as a six inch diameter duct (pi X radius squared, 8"=50.265" squared and 6"=28.274" squared)There are adjustable sheet metal elbows, usually available at HVAC departments at hardware stores. They go from straight to 90 degrees by turning the sections (called gores in the sheet metal business) and come in sizes from 6" to 8' diameter.
        Good luck with Your grow.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Double yea!. Would been cost efficient going with 1x8in rather than 2x6in, but this grow snowballed and now the cheapest way for max efficiency would be buying a filter and then there wont be any elbows needed. My notebook is getting thicker and thicker as your advices are inced down on paper.

Greatful for the help, you guys are awesome

Comment

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad to help out. I use to work in the cotton ginning industry and most of the product and trash was move primarily with air systems, sized a lot of pipe work, fans, and cyclones (dust removal). Good luck with the pipe work!
            Last edited by DW2; 03-13-2017, 08:06 PM. Reason: spelling correction

• Xaliuz
            Xaliuz commented
            Editing a comment
            Gotta ensure good ventilation... workin the pipe... important to vent that hot stuff down the lungs!

It's funny, so many brought so much from their work into the growroom. Those prejudiced folks sayin stoners never do nothin, huh! You def learned alot, we're lucky to have you here sharing!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X