No announcement yet.

First grow, First forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's what I'm doing: I got a mini-tote bin from Home Dopey and cut holes in the top for grow cups, I drew the circle and poked holes with my pocket knife awl, then used a utility knife to cut through the holes to make a pretty smooth hole. I spray painted them metallic to keep the water dark and cool under the grow lights.

I poked an airhose from an aquarium bubbler through the top and set several bubble stones under the grow cups. The little bit of splashing from the bubbles popping is more than enough to feed the roots. You want to leave some air space between the bottom of the cup and top of your water level.

Follow DW2 's advise about keeping your nutrients happy, and you're doing DWC! alltatup had a very good thread about root rot, which if you read in advance, may be pleasure that you can avoid.
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm using 4 and 6. I set my rapid rooters in a 4 inch cup with about 1/2 inch of hydroton in the bottom and then fill the rest of the way as soon as I can see roots sticking out of the rooter. My plan was to sit the 4 inch cup into a 6 inch cup when I moved into a bigger bucket, but the roots are too long and tangled to thread through another net cup. So I will either cut a hole in the bottom of the 6 to feed the root ball through, but hold the 4 inch cup in, or just let it finish growing in the 4 inch cup. I hope it is strong enough for this plant called Moby Dick. If they are strong enough, then I will just skip the 6 inch cups altogether.

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got a plant now that is 55 inches tall in a 3.75 inch net pot, but with six yo-yos attached over head! You can grow a large plant in a small net pot, but it will require some support, especially if they get top heavy with buds!!! LOL

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know, I hope to grow something that needs support soon.

Hey chowder ya for sure I'm really gd in soil ill help ya out for sure if ya help me out with dwc lol check out my post autoflower time line

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
      tyler_ hobbyist commented
      Editing a comment
      When ur ready to grow autos message me there a bit different that photos to grow but the best germinaion way I find is soak them in room temp water for 18 hours the do the paper towel method I have had 100percent success rate with this method

• Chowder
      Chowder commented
      Editing a comment
      Correction, I got them to pop, but they didn't sprout properly, and lost them all in the rapid rooters!

• tyler_ hobbyist
      tyler_ hobbyist commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't comment on rapid rooters much because iv never used them but maybe u drowned them or dryed them to much???

Just wanted to comment on the nutrients topic earlier. My experience with cannabis is limited to 8 clones I put in rubber maid totes, outside, and feed them 20-20-20. (Please don't shoot!) I harvested too early, and ended up with something I was not proud of to smoke with anyone else! Although it did do he trick, just harsh, etc, etc.

this time I researched and thank goodness for finding this site, it's like encyclopedia britianica on steroids for anyone who remembers what that is. Poor humour!

anyways the nutrients.........

I read the site, others, youtube ( seed to shelf... thought it was awesome) and I changed my water completely after 10 days of veg, then I started checking into if I could just maintain that water by checking ph and ppm, keep it at 6.0 and 1500-1800ppm, I've got hard water (400ppm, hopefully has some calcium and magnesium, bonus), and I've only completely changed my water 3-4 times and that's cause I lost water, ( seperate story). Other than that, every 6-10 days, I add a bucket of nutrients at half the dose, or my ppm would go thru the roof. Or I add water to my reservoir, normally at least one 5 gallon bucket of phd water per day. I understand that perhaps there is salt build up, excess nutrients maybe, but there has never been a sign of nut def yet. Fingers crossed!

maybe my yield will suffer, I can't say cause I've nothing to compare to but I'm always on my plants, several hours a day, sometimes. I'll post my totals when I'm harvested and cured. But right now I'm very happy with the progress and concentrating on the finish line.

i would love to hear both sides of the story, anyone out there with experience in this?

Comment

When they were wee wee girls... pic was Jan 20th.

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        I know pictures of big fat juicy shiny buds are sexy, but baby pics are my favorite. I like looking closely to see how many new growth tips are developing, how they compare to other parts of the plant, symmetrical growth devolving into random branching...

• Chowder
        Chowder commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear ya, I've learning so much along the way. Each stage is exciting.

BG BUG, You asked about the side lighting earlier, here's a couple shots of colas getting side sun! I just put em up there cause I'm not using them right now and thought, what the heck, can't hurt can it?

Comment

Very nice use of space and otherwise idle equipment!
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

These are couple early pics, first is some LST after she was mainlined, thanks to nugbuckets, but also nebula, as I decided to use her version of mainlining which cut a week off veg. The other two are shortly after transplanting into the DWC, I also jammed four more plants in soil amongst the DWC buckets, just to see if they would make it. They have!

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Perpetual grow!!!

• Sean Winchester
            Sean Winchester commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello I was wondering Is that a water mister in the last photo

• Chowder
            Chowder commented
            Editing a comment
            Humidifier, was on all the time, plus I had to mist the plants often. I used just water for misting, never ph'd the water either. Only for veg, after, I want the humidity under 40rh.

Plants are celebrating 6 weeks of flowering today!

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Chowder, that looks fabulous!!!

• Chowder
            Chowder commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks alltatup, I'm getting excited!

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, Huge!

Appreciate it Khan, I hope I can hold on for three more weeks, lol.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            You can do it, Chowder: it'll be so worth it to get those trichomes nice and milky!!!!!!!

The last couple weeks are the hardest but u will get a lot more yeild and smoke if ya hold off that last couple weeks lol

Comment

Just a couple pics from last night.
            Come on now girlies, it's time to fatten up now! Lol

Comment

• Chowder
              Chowder commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm in a DWC, how do I give them sugar? What king , how much? Thanks.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Chowder There are various products on the market that are heavy carbohydrate during flowering to feed the flowers. One I'm gonna try on this current grow is Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy.

Check this out:
              Discover the top 5 reasons buds become loose or airy, then learn how you can produce dense buds every time!

• Chowder
              Chowder commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks again as always tats, you the gal! I checked into things more and I'm using AN Overdrive right now, along with the A/B Bloom. I also used, AN Big Bud, Voodoo, B52( really like this ), I get it more now, with the extra phosphate, and potash.! I couldn't get Flawless finish, from AN, but I have DNF, Clear for flushing. Any experience with DNF products?

Flora nectar works good as well it's what I use and it comes in different flavors as well

Comment

Chowder that is unbelievable for a first timer I think. Well done . Did you say you were looking for advise or CONSULTING ???
              Cheers
              2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

Chowder those side light T5's look like they did the job. Great light penetration nice and deep . Wait till those babies fatten up!
                2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

• Chowder
                  Chowder commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very happy I decided to use them, some say it does nothing, but I have to disagree.

Thanks BG BUD! This site was the reason for those beautiful buds. It has helped sooooooo, much! Really hoping they get fat over the next couple weeks.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X