Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LEC 3000k as main flowering light source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEC 3000k as main flowering light source?

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	66656 Is anyone else flowering under LEC315W? I needed an energy efficient light source, low heat production, and broad light spectrum. Found all of that in these phenominal lights. Pricey however as i hace $1200 in 3 badboys. Worth it i think. Ive never grown before, but my girls seem on Par from everything ive researched. Day 28 currently with a 4 week veg.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vividimage420; 03-12-2017, 12:54 AM.

I have one...love it...I am in process of trying out different bulbs for it...

Best off the shelf light out there!!! Your ladies look great!!
    Last edited by Green75; 03-12-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Looks like great light penetration ! Very nice .I hear they are the best for pot ! Less loot than good LEDS and seemingly powerful. Your plants look awesome! Looking at those as I expand !
      Cheers .
      2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

I'm going to pull the trigger and go LEC in the next few months, i have seen proof and heard nothing but rave reviews. To answer your question, the 3000K bulb is suitable for flowering, it's what i will use in my flower tent setup. Your plants are nice and tall already! Good luck to the finish line! Peace!
        Perpetual setup!

Comment

• Sonnyhad
          Sonnyhad commented
          Editing a comment
          I got one and liked it so much I quickly got another one.😎

Looks to work great. Is 3000K referring to the price or the wavelength? If it cost, that is very high, if its light temperature, its not full spectrum. 5000 Kelvin is full spectrum.
        I use (2) 300 LEDs that cost about $60 each. 5000 Kelvin, low power consumption, no problem heat.
        Week 10 of a first hydro grow and all looks very good.

Comment

• Vividimage420
          Vividimage420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Cmh bloom bulbs are 3000k and veg bulbs are 4200k. I currently veg under a predominantly 6500k cfl custom built veg light with a few 2700k cfl mixed in and it works phenominally. I wouldnt flower with anything over 3000k. Gotta have some red spectrum for flower. Youll get virtually none with 5000k. Ill post a pic of my veg light too.

• Sonnyhad
          Sonnyhad commented
          Editing a comment
          The lec/cmh bulbs put out the fullest spectrum of any of the traditional high intensity lights.

I spent just under $400 total per light including a $95 Phillips bulb. The 3000k refers to kelvins. Heat production is virtually nill. May heat room up 5-7° tops with the 3 of em. Had lights 12" off canopy for penetration with 0 light burn on any leaves, did however raise them to 18" and maxed out to the ceiling now. Maintain humidity under 45 and temp under 80°, phenominal resin production and smelling like cat piss now, but flowers are smelling oh so fruity. Have Nirvana Master Kush and Chem91 and Golden Goat. M.K. and Chem are in Day 29. My first time growing anything. Using House-Garden COCO nutes, drip clean, bud xxl, shooting powder.
        Attached Files

Comment

• PuravidaC
          PuravidaC commented
          Editing a comment
          What is up with "cat piss" smell? Currently on third grow of Niverna AK-48 and first two smelled like cat piss. Never smelled pot like that before!

• NebulaHaze
          NebulaHaze commented
          Editing a comment
          The smell is mostly a strain thing (of course unless it's caused by a problem like mold or bacteria growth). I think you can change a plant's smell a little with different grow methods, supplements, etc, but it seems like genes make up 70% (or more) of what gives each strain its distinct odor!

Name:	20170131_171430.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	66988Veg set up. Probably a total of 30000 lumens drawing about 400 watts
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm running the 400 watt GE 93295; close to finishing and everything just looks ridiculously good, crazy frost going on! I'll run them til something better comes along, couldn't be more satisfied!

Comment

" Gotta have some red spectrum for flower. Youll get virtually none with 5000k."

A graph of 5000 Kelvin. Looks like red on the right.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Vividimage420
              Vividimage420 commented
              Editing a comment
              If they work for you awesome.

• Sonnyhad
              Sonnyhad commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not sure they make a 5000k bulb for a cmh/lec light. And that's what the topic was about, LEC 3000k bulbs for flowering. If you watch some YouTube videos on these lights you will be impressed with the light spectrum they put out.

Comment

That is such a different set up than mine. Way big, plants very airy. I'm in a Water Farm inside a 2 x 2 x 7 rectangle with two lights above.
              The red, white, blue LED's seem to keep everybody happy.
              Attached Files

Comment

Go big or go home my wife says. Im trying for a lb a plant. That may be very hopeful, but gotta have dreams

Comment

Name:	20170312_225726.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	67112Click image for larger version

Name:	20170312_225951.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	67113Click image for larger version

Name:	20170312_231208.jpg
Views:	740
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	67114Click image for larger version

Name:	20170312_230435.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	67115Theyre starting to swell😎😀 Click image for larger version

Name:	20170312_230554.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	67116

Comment

• Sonnyhad
                    Sonnyhad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great looking garden!

They certainly look SWELL.

Comment

Originally posted by Vividimage420 View Post
                    Go big or go home my wife says. Im trying for a lb a plant. That may be very hopeful, but gotta have dreams
                    Look at FIM'ing, training, manifolding, etc. I've FIM'd two plants with good results. One little cut and presto, buds are all over the place. Good luck.

Comment

• Vividimage420
                      Vividimage420 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have fim'd all but 3 of mine 4 of them have been fimd twice now and are 24" tall and 24" in diameter. Gonna be huge.

• Vividimage420
                      Vividimage420 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And lids are everywhere in my grow now

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X