colorful buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

colorful buds

Iv seen all over the place some strains of buds haveing lots of colorful parts to the bud (like one looked like a fadded rainbow) do these strains really exsist? If so has anyone come across these strains and what are they?

Has anyone ever seen something like this before?

Comment

• Sonnyhad
      Sonnyhad commented
      Editing a comment
      Look like they have been photoshopped to make them pop a bit But no doubt either way I have not seen any like that
      Last edited by Sonnyhad; 03-11-2017, 11:00 PM.

It would be awesome if I could find bud that grows pink like that lol

Comment

• GDTRFB95
      GDTRFB95 commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't had myself but always wondered when I've seen some pictures. Maybe someone will have a definitive answer

WOW...looks good enough to eat! 😊 I wonder if Photoshop had anything to do with the pics? I did grow Purple Mazar (from Seedsman), and the final hues of purple were fabulous. But unfortunately this was prior to my taking pictures of my early grows. There's got to be some longtime growers out there that have a good idea of color possibilities.
    Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
    Recent grows...
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

I wrote a little bit about purple and pink strains here if you're interested Basically the bud color is mostly determined by strain. However, there are a few tricks to helping them maximize color, like giving strong light and slightly cooler night temperatures. But if the genetics don't make buds turn colors, there's not much you can do.

Some buds actually turn incredibly bright colors, but oftentimes the multi-color buds you see online have been enhanced in Photoshop at least a little

For example, some Auto Frisian Dew plants makes pretty bright purple buds!

Comment

Awesome thank u nebula that's a beautiful plant what night time temps is best to bring these colors out? 60ish?

Comment

• NebulaHaze
          NebulaHaze commented
          Editing a comment
          At least a few degrees colder than in the day (no warm night temps) and anything in the 60s should do it. However, some strains will turn colors no matter what!

• tyler_ hobbyist
          tyler_ hobbyist commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome thank u nebula

Do u know any strains with pink pistols? I would love to grow that

Comment

Panama from Ace has beautiful pink pistols. I tried to upload picture but it wouldn't.

Comment

• trippergreenfeet
            trippergreenfeet commented
            Editing a comment
            I grew Panama last season ... the pistels were pink, starting from soft pale at the base to vivid pink at the tip.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160929_191322.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	3.73 MB
ID:	66637 unknown strain, outdoors. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170311_220844.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	4.96 MB
ID:	66638 og kush, purple buds.

Comment

Sweet thank you

Comment

Do u have any pics tripper? I'm definitly gunna look into that I'm so excited to see if I can grow colored pistols that's so awesome!

Comment

• trippergreenfeet
                Editing a comment
                I do somewhere ... yesterday I spent an hour searching for last years grow photos but do you think I can find them now ... must have been stoned when I filed them haha.

That is bizzare . Never seen or heard of such a thing. Seen lots of purple in afgans and panamas but that looks like colored popcorn
              2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

These buds with pink pistils are an example of the strain Panama by Ace Seeds:

Comment

tyler, I managed to find a photo of my Panama ... had not been heading long when this pic was taken.
                  The colour ended up like the top pic Nebula posted upon maturity.
                  Last edited by trippergreenfeet; 03-12-2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• NebulaHaze
                    NebulaHaze commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Beautiful picture!

That is soooo cool I wanna grow that! That's awesome lol

Comment

• trippergreenfeet
                    Editing a comment
                    Do it mate, it really is nice to grow something with extra colour. You'll be happy with the turnout too : )
                    It's got the kind of pink flower that would make any gardener happy to grow it as part of their colourful flower selection.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X