Regarding 600W Hydroponic Grow Journal - 23.09 oz Harvest! from this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding 600W Hydroponic Grow Journal - 23.09 oz Harvest! from this site

To newbies out there attempting to mimic the 600W Hydroponic Grow Journal - 23.09 oz Harvest!

from this web site:

Foremost, this is a decent grow journal. It gives you basic and general information, and will help you get started. HOWEVER, if you follow the nutrient schedule provided with the grow journal, there are some things to keep in mind. If you follow the nutrient schedule provided in the journal, you are highly unlikely to see similar results, such as a 23.09 oz harvest. If you follow the nutrient schedule as advertised, you will only be giving your plants 1 1/2 tsp of BLOOM per gallon at MOST throughout the flowering period. This was a mistake I made following this grow journal. I couldn't figure out for a couple of weeks why my buds seemed to have stopped growing and fattening up. Literally, bud growth had stalled. I checked everything: pH, RH, temp, air flow, scrounged for deficiencies, nothing. Again, this journal is a good place to START. You may have to find other information, and there's plenty, on how to administer nutrients during bloom (the Lucas Formula is one example). As of now, I am 6 1/2 weeks into flower, and have completely dropped the FloraGRO, as well as increased my BLOOM nutes to 3 tsp per gallon. I have immediately seen an increase in my bud size, and plan to increase BLOOM nutes to 4 tsp per gallon. I wasn't suspicious until I compared my indoor ladies with my 2 outdoors babes of the same strain and growing time periods. The outdoor ladies were growing faster and fattening up WAY bigger than the indoor ones. The only difference (besides the obvious) was that I was giving them General Organics and slightly more BLOOM (2-2/12 tsp per gallon at the time). If you follow the nute schedule provided with the grow journal and don't see growth with you buds, the logical choice may be to increase BLOOM nutes. Try not to get stuck on the nutrient schedule from this journal, it's just not realistic, and I doubt that is the schedule they actually followed to produce 23.09 oz's. Hope this helps to any who may be frustrated as to why they can't seem to mimic the grow journal. Misinformation is a b****! Anyway, use the grow journal as a GUIDELINE, as it is a good one, but try not to treat it as all inclusive.
    Last edited by Kalidaze; 03-10-2017, 03:20 PM.

I have been through a lot of the information on this site and I think it is just dandy.. That being said everybody is looking for a better way all the time. I look forward to watching your grow so I can learn even more.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Curiously where on that grow journal did you get the nute schedule? I always use less that recommended from GH and average 8 ounces of dried bud per plant. 1 tsp = 5 ml roughly. The most I ever give my plants is about 7.5 ml per gallon of a single nute. Early mid flowering my plants get 22.5 ml of bloom per 3 gallons of water.

Comment

This thread irritates me.
        Of course the journal is only supposed to be used as a guideline. Even If someone has the exact same setup, nutes, feed schedule and grows the same strains as in the journal it's not guaranteed to have identical results for someone else.
        Different plants have different requirements, what works for one won't necessarily work for another. Some will get nute burn if you even think about taking the lid off a nute bottle (not really but you get my point), others will have no problems using nutes at full strength or even stronger. They mention in the journal the blackjack didn't like much nutes. You even realised the feed schedule wasn't working for your situation and needed to be adjusted, no need to come on here complaining and making claims that they're misleading people.
        Being a good grower isn't about following what someone else has done and just hoping for the best, you can start by following someone else but you have to watch and read the signs your plants tell you about what it needs.
        Also as for calling out Nebula & Sirius, on their bubbleponics guide they state that the nutrient schedule they provide is a good starting point but you need to adjust it to see what the plants like, on the journal they just tell us what they did to get the results they are sharing. They're trying to provide accurate information freely to help people be able to grow their own medicine, why would they need to mislead people about the quantity of nutrients required? How would they benefit by doing so?
        Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
        600W HPS
        Coco
        GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
        Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

I am glad to hear that you were able to get such great results following our instructions as a guideline. I appreciate your input about our grow journal, but I disagree that the nutrient schedule doesn't work. As OzBud said, the journal tells you to watch the plants, like how the Blackjack needed less than half strength nutrients and the Wonder Woman needed almost full strength nutrients. Different plants in different environments don't always drink the same amount or have the same requirements.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X