Curing question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curing question ?

What is the best way for me to cure . I'm coming to the end and I need a plan for curing, my issue is I have to cure in my room where the carbon filter is . My humidity is at 22 . How do I cure it without it going bone dry within days ?

Here you go. This is a good read on the process. You will still have a lot of questions, but this is good

This tutorial teaches you the best way to dry and cure cannabis buds after harvest, which greatly increases bud quality. Quality drying/curing ensures the best smelling, most dense and highest potency marijuana buds!
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

OK so I should try and get my humidity up

Comment

Are you referring to curing or drying? Curing happens in a sealed container-drying is in open air. I hang my colas until they are dry enough to be placed in a sealed jar without the worry of mold. There are some really helpful techniques online so do some surfing and learn.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Your ultimate goal for humidity "in the jar" is between 60F and 65F. I get mine as close as I can and then use Bovida 62 packs for the final adjustment.
          If you are referring too the initial drying area humidity, you have a decision to make. It is desirable to dry the buds slowly, however if you dry them too slow, you risk mold which renders your buds worthless trash. I suggest you go with the recommendations in the article, but if you can't for some reason, go with lower humidity as opposed to higher. Just my 2c.
          completed 7 grows
          what I have learned so far:
          environment maters more than nutrients
          at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
          effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Keeping more material on your buds and they will dry out more slowly, and then you can trim the buds later

Comment

Put the buds inside a smaller place where you can control the humidity. For example a big cardboard box. Cut entire branches and put them inside "hanging" just by making a hole with the branch itself on the top of he box

Thats my lame visual representation. Anyway so close it with a hygrometer inside and check it every hour or so to open it and let moisture out if necessary. After a day or two it can stay closed all day. You'll find the right procedure for your climate. Good luck

Comment

9fingetleaf that is a genius idea that's why I posted here ...This is my first rodeo so thank you lol

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are very welcome. I've used this method for small crops and making a few holes for air circulation keept my humidity in the right spot. So a little experimentation and you'll do just fine

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X