Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Day Now....

Hey all,

I recently started the germination process for my grow, and I just wanted to make sure I'm doing everything right. I planted my seeds into a kind soil/coco loco mix around late Sunday/ Early Monday. I planted all seeds into solo cups, which are currently sitting on top of a heating pad AND underneath 4 40W CFL's (Daylight). I havent seen anything yet, but I just wanted to make sure that I'm doing everything correctly. The seeds have been in the fridge for the past few months to keep them dormant, and they weren't exposed to any type of light.

It's now thursday, and I'm starting to get nervous. I've been careful not to over water and drown the girls, and from what I can tell the soil has plenty of moisture. If I'm doing anything wrong, please tell me. I have the lights running 24 hrs Strictly for the heat. Once they sprout (or if they sprout), I'll put them on an 16 hr light schedule (timer is already set and ready to go)

It sounds like you're doing things correctly, and are being careful not to drown them. If you're really worried you can carefully try to get to the seeds and see whether they've cracked or not, being incredibly careful not to disturb the white taproot if you see one. Some seeds take as long as a week or more to sprout, especially if they've been in storage! Feel free to post a picture of your setup and we'll see if we have any suggestions

Comment

• Rooster
      Rooster commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, I'll take some pics right now

I soak my seeds for 24 hours before planting and it can take almost a week for them to show themselves. How deep did you plant seeds?
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

• Rooster
      Rooster commented
      Editing a comment
      Down to the first knuckle on my little finger.

:::UPDATE!!!!::::::

I've got two sprouts!!!! I'm crying cuz I'm so happy

Comment

• GDTRFB95
      GDTRFB95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Such a good feeling 😀 I usually soak the seeds in a moist papertowel in a ziplock thumbtacked about 2 feet above our heat outlet in winter or put on top of the fridge in the summer. 2 to 4 days and there will be a nice little root squeaking out.. carefully plant to solo cup 1/2 inch deep squeaker down. 1/2 to 1.5 days and there up! 100% success rate. Somehow I've never had a male plant? That certainly works for me!

• Jibblerjoe
      Jibblerjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      I also germ withe top of the fridge.

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      On top of the fridge can be a good place because it stays nice and warm, like a seedling heating mat! I've done that too

Photos Provided

Comment

There is life in them there beans

Comment

2 out of my 4 seeds have sprouted. I have two more in a plastic bag with a damp paper towel, sitting on my heating mat. Lets hope for some more sprouts

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X