Partial Harvest for Different Effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partial Harvest for Different Effects?

In Week 9 of a 12 week schedule, looking to harvest my first hydro grow in a few weeks. The thought occurs to me that I might harvest some parts of the 3 plants at different times
    to obtain different results when cured.
    Is this crazy? Does anybody harvest half a plant, then a week or so later harvest the rest?
    Or does the partial cut down damage the plant so much, that its destructive to the whole plant?
    Thanks in advance for any insights.

Although I haven't tried partial harvest due to using grow space to dry, there is a lot of information about the practice. It makes sense if you have the room and many have done it with good results.
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      I would just add to not get in too much of a hurry and start harvest too early...

Thank you. I'll do more research. I have one Water Farm and space for it and the girls is not a problem. One alternative would be to take each of the three plants at a different time. They are sort of large, medium and small.

Comment

This article might provide some more info on selective harvesting.

Comment

• Jason
        Jason commented
        Editing a comment
        Very helpful, informative articles on selective harvesting, drying and curing.

• Sonnyhad
        Sonnyhad commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice ,thanks for sharing!

Yes, that looks very informative. Thank you!
      Looks doable.

Comment

• Monkey Allen
        Monkey Allen commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool. Good luck!

I like to hedge my bets, I'd just use one plant for a crash test dummy. Give it a try see what happens. At my harvest I just leave the buds that are to small to mess with, give her a dose of neuts. then plain water for a couple of weeks and end up with an extra zip of nighty-nite.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
        Thank you. I'll do more research. I have one Water Farm and space for it and the girls is not a problem. One alternative would be to take each of the three plants at a different time. They are sort of large, medium and small.
        Jason, if you scope out your trichomes and they are cloudy, it won't hurt it other than you might miss out on some weight from the bud continuing to fatten, but probably not much from a branch or so.
        Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• Jason
          Jason commented
          Editing a comment
          I expect to be using my 10X glasses to inspect. Tricomes are bursting forth, but clearly some flowers will mature faster than others.
          As I didn't do any real branch pruning, I have a lot of budding undergrowth that looks like it could be worthwhile once mature.
          Some with lighter to medium effects and some with couchlock would be nice.

• Sonnyhad
          Sonnyhad commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like a plan, man!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X