Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still don't understand (what else is new)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still don't understand (what else is new)

I currently have 2 autos in flower, OG Kush, from Canuck Seeds and a Critical Mass also from Canuck.

My difficulty is with the producers basic timelines. Critical Mass says 'flowers quickly at 80 days from seed' and OG Kush 'flowers in 42 days'.

The OG Kush flowered right on time and the Critical Mass is in full flower at 50 days, a month early.. My question is what about flowering time for harvest.

I understand that all stated times are to be taken with a grain of salt but it would be nice if they would, at least, use the same language.so I can make a reasonable estimate on harvest time.

It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
    Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
    Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

I just finished a Critical Mass harvest! AND IN ONLY 62 DAYS FROM SEED!!!!!. 10 ZIPS DRY WEIGHT

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
      Bikerstonrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool, that's the type of info I am looking for. I know that differences with medium, nutes etc. will affect the total time, but at least I have an idea to shoot for.

I agree, i wish in the seed description they would be a bit more, well not even accurate, but more standard. We all know there are way to many variable to be precise, but?

My point I think like yours-- From sprout to harvest -- 67 days or 5 days sprout, 30 day veg and 30 day flower 65 days total. Something like that I can understand, easier.

"Critical Mass says 'flowers quickly at 80 days from seed" is that total time or is that 80 days then flower? In this case I'm only guessing that is total time, cause auto's usually don't go that long, 80 plus till harvest.

On the other hand "OG Kush 'flowers in 42 days", to me means you have a few more weeks after the 42 days?

I'm with you.

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
      Bikerstonrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, maybe if enough people complain they might use the same terminology, in my dreams lol.

• bobsakamoto
      bobsakamoto commented
      Editing a comment
      SIGH. oh if i had a bud for every time i've wished this....

Comment

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Roaches!!! Caught my hair on fire doing that in college! 😂

• Beach_Town_Brit
      Beach_Town_Brit commented
      Editing a comment
      We'd fill the sink with water, and cut the bottom off a 2L coke bottle. The cut coke bottle with cap on captured the hot knife smoke (usually some sticky black leb), and was then placed cut bottom down into the water. Unscrew the top, push the bottle down into the water, and breath in.

For added teenage inadvisability we'd hyperventilate beforehand, do the "dab," then get bear hugged till you passed out ... ahhh misspent youth where did you go?

Bikerstonrr, for Critical Mass Fem seeds: I looked it up and the Autos are ready at 56 days, but it does say 80 for the regular feminized seeds. Any chance you got the Autos?
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
      Bikerstonrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep they are both auto's. Thanks

Man I have yet to be anywhere close to the seed providers timeline! I feel ya brother!
    Team AutoMechanics

Comment

This is also on the cusp of becoming a pet peeve of mine. I too had bought two different auto strains. One states 70 days from seed, the other states flowering time 80 days. The way the first one was stated makes sense and is straight forward. The other one means what? 80 days from seed to finish flowering? 80 days from when it starts flowering? Some consistency in language would be nice.
      Current grow: http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...could-2nd-grow

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
        Bikerstonrr commented
        Editing a comment
        That's all I ask, just consistency.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X