Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st grow journal.

Hellow GWE community,

This is my first attempt at growing. I plan on keeping this post updated with how it goes as well as to hear any advice, suggestions, or whatever. I just hate keeping things to myself and this community seems to be very open, friendly, and very knowledgeable, also know as the perfect space for me to share = ). I hope this goes well.

For this grow I decided to start with bagseed. I germinated my seeds using the paper towel method. The seeds were placed in 5oz solo cups on 2/12/17 24hrs after germinating. The seeds sprouted over the next 2 days. I started with 7 plants but have pulled the plug on 3. The remaing 4 plants have been transplanted into 1 gallon smart pots. The plants are in Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. I have red that this soil is "hot" so icwill not need any nutrients for a while. When the time for nutes comes i will be using the General Hydroponics Flora Trio ( which i dont even know how to use or in what order yet, but hey thats why I am here for.) I am using the Kind xl1000 LED approximately 30 inches above the plants. The current settings on the light are A: 20 B: 65 C: 65. A represents red spectrum, b is the blue spectrum, c is the white spectrum, and there are also some other diodes and spectrum that are invisible to the human eye. I was using spring water that ranged in ph from 6.5 to 7, i was advised to aim towards 6 and have since adjusted.

As of today it has been 19 days since the seeds have sprouted. I hope to have an amazing experience. I am so excited to get this rolling ( both the grow and getting to learn more about this community.) I will have pictures i took today posted below. Once again thanks for any advice and comments.
    Current set up: 4 Bagseed
    1000w Kind LED
    Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil(not mixed)
    GH flora trio
    CalMag
    5 gal Smart Pot
    cheap fan
    cheap heater

Hey farmer, they look vigorious and lovely!!! Can't wait to see what they turn into!!!!!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Farmerfran
      Farmerfran commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks alltatup, I cant wait to see what happens

nice healthy start! and welcome to the forum. subbed in, so keep posting!

Comment

• Farmerfran
      Farmerfran commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, excited to learn and grow.

For the GH Flora series, put Micro in your water first. Then Gro, then Bloom. Gentle shake between. Use pipettes for accurate measuring and ease of use. Spoons suck for both.
    Then do your pH balance.
    GH has two feeding charts online, which are very different than what's on the bottle. I use the recirculating schedule from the website. They have another one for soil.
    Heading into Week 9 with clones all looks good. Good luck.

Comment

• Farmerfran
      Farmerfran commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jason, i will be sure to look into that feeding chart.

Welcome and good luck. I'm sure if you keep up with this forum you'll do well, great folks here!
    Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• Farmerfran
      Farmerfran commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, i have already learned more about growing plants through GWE website and this forum than i have in any botany class hahaha.

Welcome Farmerfran , I did some rolling earlier today for you, well for me but....I'd put my light down to 20 inches above the canopy, my manufacturer ( G8 ) says for my light between 14 and 24 inches above the canopy. Not sure what yours says, but 30 seems a bit high.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Farmerfran
      Farmerfran commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Canuck, yeah im just playing it safe. This LED is way more powerful than i thought. I even had to dial back the settings a bit.

Yo Yo, welcome Farmerfran. I'm new just like you and also doing my first grow.
    You did good by joining this place so early in your grow. All I can say is that I wish I had joined the forums sooner. My girls started to bloom before I finally decided to join.

I look forward to seeing what we first-timers can achieve with the help of all the lovely people here.

Growers love <3
    Originally posted by 420n808
    If you are new to growing, the first time you see the balls, you'll never forget the sight. You will know M-F from that point on.

Oh my days, now that this has happened to me... SO TRUE!!!

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      No balls if you buy feminized seeds.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I have ovaries and I buy feminized seeds. But I don't grow easy strains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, well I did get Jack Herer regular seeds from Sensi, but I ain't afriad!!! GIRLS ROCK CANNABIS CULTIVATION!!!

• Farmerfran
      Farmerfran commented
      Editing a comment
      Yo thanks and a welcome to you as well. Yeah this community is amazing. I have been using this forum as a guest for a while, but figured I would join to get in ont the discussions and to keep learning.

Here's what you can look forward to Farmerfran . Jack Herer Auto Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3702.JPG
Views:	429
Size:	8.87 MB
ID:	64675
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Farmerfran
      Farmerfran commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooooooooooweee hahaha. Very nice

Ok everyone just a little update...

The plants are about 21-23 days old now. I have yet to give them any nutes yet due to the fact that they are getting plenty from the FF ocean forest soil. I am wondering what i should be looking for so i know when to start the nutes. I plan on topping as well as putting them through some lst.

i am a little concerned about some of the twisting some of the leaves have. I think it may be due to the fact that they were a tad bit root bound in the solo cups as i was waiting for my fabric pots.

so ill just leave some pics below any comments or help is always appreciated.
    1000w Kind LED
    GH flora trio
    CalMag
    5 gal Smart Pot
    cheap fan
    cheap heater

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      They look vigorious, Farmer!!!

• Farmerfran
      Farmerfran commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

Hi Farmerfran, welcome.

That's one hell of a serious light you got there, congrats. I forsee poundage in your future
    With just 4 plants under 630W (actual draw) you have the potential for some big plants. I think you'll outgrow those 1 gal pots pretty quick. If you have the tent space (and height) I'd be tempted to go to at least 5gal smartpots and maybe 10gal.

GWE recommends 6.0 to 7.0 Ph for soil grows, I think it pays to vary across that range a bit from feed to feed.
    Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

• Farmerfran
      Farmerfran commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for all the info, i am planning on going to 5 gal pots asap.

New update:

Yesterday was an eventful day for the plants. I added the very first nutrients, 3ml calmag, to 1gal water phd at 5.9. They were also all moved to 5 gal smart pots. 2 of the plants were topped and bent over slightly ( im really nervous about lst and defoliation so i have done very little of that).

At this point i could really use any tips on what fan leaves, if any, i should remove and how?

thanks for reading everyone
    1000w Kind LED
    GH flora trio
    CalMag
    5 gal Smart Pot
    cheap fan
    cheap heater

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
      Beach_Town_Brit commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking great, and your top looks perfect (better than my first auto top).
      With the defoliation I think you have to do a bit of experimentation for yourself and find your own style. I've seen great results from a variety of defoliation approaches and of course we've all seen Green's extreme mainlines that somehow seem to produce nothing but bud.

• Farmerfran
      Farmerfran commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, yeaaah ive recently been looking into greens post...the man does amazing things

Hey bud, I understand your hesitation about topping, LST ! I'm on my first grow too, DWC, plus a couple leftovers in soil. I'm a little further along, but I was definitely in your shoes WRT my baby girls! BUT, all I can say brother is put your faith in the GWE site, forum, and you will not be disappointed! Your plants are healthy looking, start slow with the trg, but don't be afraid, your plants are entering the stage that all they wannna do is grow, grow, grow, and repair any damage to itself. Keep it your mind, it's a plant, it naturally wants to grow, you just need to help her along with what she naturally wants to do!
    welcome, keep posting, and great growing!

Comment

• Farmerfran
      Farmerfran commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks...ive now seen how fast these plants recover and grow..its truly amazing. And the GWE site is absolutely unbelievable, i cant believe how much info is on just one site

First time growing I have a 80x60x60 high tent with 3-300 watt Full Spectrum led light with the 5 watt chips. I added a heater to maintain 70° temp and a fan for circulation in an exhaust fan. Growing 14 plants looking for any advice or criticism. Reading about lights wondering if I should change out the LEDs for 600 W HP/MH With a vented hood

Comment

• Chowder
      Chowder commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a lot of plants in that area. They're going to get bigger than you think, trust me.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Setup looks great!

• Farmerfran
      Farmerfran commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a pretty sweet set up. As far as if it is enough light, i have no idea. I am just now researching into "proper lighting." I have seen good things with one of those lights on a few plants though.

I actually have a 4th light to add to that room once I flip the light cycle I'll add it to the room

Comment

UPDATE:

Yesterday was feeding day. I continued to only use 3 ml calmag in phd 6.0 water because im still seeing some clawing and dark green leaves with very very minor nute burn.

I topped the 3rd plant and started lst.

I have noticed a spot on one of my plants im not sure if its light burn or something else (pictured below)

At this point everything seems to be ok. I have noticed lower future bud sites rising to the top. I still havent trimmed any leaves i have mostly just tucked them ro the side to expose light to hidden sites.
      1000w Kind LED
      GH flora trio
      CalMag
      5 gal Smart Pot
      cheap fan
      cheap heater

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Leaves look good!!

• Farmerfran
        Farmerfran commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you both, i finally gave them a haircut.

• Beach_Town_Brit
        Beach_Town_Brit commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good. As long as it's an isolated incident I wouldn't worry about the spot. I've had nute solution drops create weird marks on leaves before.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X