No announcement yet.

1st grow journal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! Seed day is the best day! If you are growing auto-flowering strains you can't go wrong with Mephisto! As for the photoperiod strains Jack Herer is legendary! It looks like you've actually got lots of great genetics there Are the seeds all feminized?

Comment

• Farmerfran
      Farmerfran commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, Seed Day is indeed the best day. Crazy thing is I ONLY bought the 3 (gave me 4) white widow x big bud fem, 4 fresh candy fem, 2 northern lights fem, and 3 autoflower stitch love potion ( gave me 8 regular. All the rest of seeds were free because of bitcoin. All of them with the exception of the love potion are female. I am glad to finally have this 1st transaction done with....i must admit i was anxious when i seen my package just hanging out in customs for a few days.

• GreenArmadillo
      GreenArmadillo commented
      Editing a comment
      Fuck yeah!!! Dem seedsman bitcoin freebies make you light-headed, haha.
      Can't wait to start on my seeds bro, just like you.

I also started with bagseed, and hoping to make it through to harvest. But just like you, I CANNOT WAIT to start my seedsman grow. I'm definitely gonna grow autos for my 2nd grow. <3

• CCisme
      CCisme commented
      Editing a comment
      My 420 seeds are ordered! The first time I got some I was so excited lolol

UPDATE:

Just switched over to flowering yesterday. Plants are about 10 weeks old. I have noticed that some leaves on the very bottom of plant have yellowed. Some have crisped up or developed brown spot or 2. My initial thought is nitrogen def; however my plants are also still on the darker side and some leaves show clawing.

besides that problem everything is going pretty smooth.

now that i am in flowering is there anything that you all have had problems with or anything that i should really pay extra close attention to?
    Current set up: 4 Bagseed
    1000w Kind LED
    Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil(not mixed)
    GH flora trio
    CalMag
    5 gal Smart Pot
    cheap fan
    cheap heater

Comment

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, they look good! Is it possible to get a picture of the plants in the setup in natural light so we can get a better look at it?

• GreenArmadillo
      GreenArmadillo commented
      Editing a comment
      I only have one piece of advice.. and it's only applicable if you are growing a sativa... WATCH OUT FOR THAT FLOWERING STREEEEEETCH!!!!

• Farmerfran
      Farmerfran commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooooo yes, i have already noticed a significant stretch in the few days since the flowering switch.

Here are some better pics. The last two are of the problem im having. Thanks for checking it out.
    1000w Kind LED
    GH flora trio
    CalMag
    5 gal Smart Pot
    cheap fan
    cheap heater

Comment

Is it just a few leaves in the middle and bottom of the plant that aren't getting light? If so it's nothing to worry about - it's natural for the plant to lose some amount of leaves.

However, if you notice the symptoms spreading to lots of new leaves, that's a problem

Comment

• Farmerfran
        Farmerfran commented
        Editing a comment
        Yuuup, its only a few leaves on the bottom. These plants are pretty tall as well so there is very little light getting through that far. Thanks for taking the time to check out my plants and commenting, I appreciate it tons.

UPDATE:

It has been a while since an update. Im now on the second week of flowering. Everything is still looking pretty great. I am still seeing a few burnt up or yellowing leaves at the bottom of plants( 1 out of the 4 i somewhat have a concern). I removed all bad looking leaves today and will see what happens. I think its because the plants are pretty tall and little to no light is getting down that far.

1000w Kind LED
      GH flora trio
      CalMag
      5 gal Smart Pot
      cheap fan
      cheap heater

Comment

• intergalactic_harvester
        intergalactic_harvester commented
        Editing a comment
        im pretty sure its normal for older lower leaves to die off. they are supposed to. your plants are healthy and beautiful, ur doin a great job fran!

• Beach_Town_Brit
        Beach_Town_Brit commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice stretch, should be a good haul.
        I often do a lollipop trim (all the undergrowth that isn't getting full light) around week 3-4 of flower.

• GreenArmadillo
        GreenArmadillo commented
        Editing a comment
        Woah, those are some lovely looking genetics farmerfran. Right on!

Thanks, i was just looking into defoliating, training, and lollipopping during flowering and plan on doing some cleanup next week.

for some bagseed i am surprised that they are all female (from what i can tell) and have looked good the entire grow so far.
      1000w Kind LED
      GH flora trio
      CalMag
      5 gal Smart Pot
      cheap fan
      cheap heater

Comment

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        If a female plant hermies (grows male flowers and releases pollen) than all the resulting plants will be female. This is because it's a (mostly) female plant that pollinated another female plant)! So I imagine that's what happened to you. Here's a little more information about feminized seeds that come that way if you're interested: http://www.growweedeasy.com/feminized-seeds-hermies

• Farmerfran
        Farmerfran commented
        Editing a comment
        I see, i see very interesting. I will definitely read this article. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

UPDATE

Its now day 17 of flowering. I can honestly say i have learned soooo much. I now know what i will be looking for as far as training and water scheduling on future grows. Anyway back to this grow, i have been adding the floratrio using the ratio shown on the bottle for flowering. I havent notice nute burn or any clawing. I have notice things are starting to get crystalish.
      1000w Kind LED
      GH flora trio
      CalMag
      5 gal Smart Pot
      cheap fan
      cheap heater

Comment

• Nsky
        Nsky commented
        Editing a comment
        Crystalssss. Wooo! Lol. Excited for ya.

• Farmerfran
        Farmerfran commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you both, im and super excited. I cant wait for the finished product

• Nsky
        Nsky commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya wonderful to see! I'm gearing up for the last three weeks. So happy for ya!

Not only is your plant picture perfect, the buds seem a very good size for their age! Very nice!

Comment

Thanks Nebula, here are a few more updated pics....i believe day 22
        1000w Kind LED
        GH flora trio
        CalMag
        5 gal Smart Pot
        cheap fan
        cheap heater

Comment

• Farmerfran
          Farmerfran commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you very much

• Beach_Town_Brit
          Editing a comment
          Looks great for just 3 weeks into flower, "farmer" indeed

• Farmerfran
          Farmerfran commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Brit

holy crap farmer! i look away for a few and when i come back ur flowers got huge. keep doin what ur doin!

Comment

• Farmerfran
          Farmerfran commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahaa thank you

UPDATE

I just wrapped up the 4th week of flower. Things are looking amd smelling grrreat.
        1000w Kind LED
        GH flora trio
        CalMag
        5 gal Smart Pot
        cheap fan
        cheap heater

Comment

• Nsky
          Nsky commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow your buds n plants look great! Looking forward to see em ripen! Lookin loverlyyy.

• Beach_Town_Brit
          Editing a comment
          Yummy

• Farmerfran
          Farmerfran commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks nsky these ladies are absolutely blooming...i was not expecting them to blow up like this

Hahaha yes Beach town they smell yummy too...one of them smells just like a box of mangos

UPDATE

It has been a pretty crazy week so my apologies for the lack of responses and updates.

I just wrapped up week 5. Things arr getting very smelly. On of my plants reeks of mangos and looks real nice. The rest are very smelly too.

Thanks everyone for your advice and good vibes.....truly is a great community
        1000w Kind LED
        GH flora trio
        CalMag
        5 gal Smart Pot
        cheap fan
        cheap heater

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
          Editing a comment
          You clearly have great source for bagseed : )

• intergalactic_harvester
          intergalactic_harvester commented
          Editing a comment
          no kidding! buds lookin big and frosty! nice hand farmer.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X