8.5 feet and no bud (5 months)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.5 feet and no bud (5 months)

So I'm new on this website and am a first grower. Honestly I only know the basics and am pretty clumsy with the plant. I have 2 plants one is 7.5 feet, 6 months old and is a random seed I found in some amazing weed and one is 8.5 and is supposedly either og kush or silver haze. I use a infrared 250 watt for both and have both been in flowering stage for 3 months. I grow in a huge open room thereforethe size of both. The 6 month old is in pre flowering and the 5 month old isn't even close. What should I do? Any tips? And let me know if you want photos so you can analyse the room and the plant.
    thanks guys.

hey joe! ya, need pics for sure. the room, the plants, and good clear closeups of bud sites. people are wakin up now so help will be on the way soon.

Comment

• Joe
      Joe commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem just posted them do you need more?

• intergalactic_harvester
      intergalactic_harvester commented
      Editing a comment
      maybe one good close shot of the nodes/bud sites of the plant NOT showing buds. just suspicious you might (please god no) have a male plant.

Howdy Joe and welcome to the forum.
    Please show some photos and some information about Your set up. I'm confused, are you using only infrared lamps, as in heat lamps? Or are You using any other type of lighting with the IR like HPS, MH, CFL or T5's?
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Joe
      Joe commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mate. Only infrared is that a problem?

Yeah infrared light sounds suspect!/ the plant would think it's on the wrong planet!
    Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• Joe
      Joe commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah definitely glad I came here, you guys are awesome and very helpful, so thank you. Now regarding the set up just curios what that includes. Also would it help if I got another infrared light? And I don't live in the states so would it be more expensive? Aslo since it is not legal where I live so would it make the police suspicious or something? And again thanks for the help
      Last edited by Joe; 03-05-2017, 03:21 PM.

• Lotusyde
      Lotusyde commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think you need another IR at all.

I order from Amazon in a not so pleasant place to grow and have brought zero suspicion this far from what I know. I've been at this for years.

As far as what you would need for a solid and affordable grow set up would consist of a few things,

1 grow light (probably the most important aspect of any good grow) I personally have great success with LED and haven't spiked my electric bill enough for me to notice let alone anyone else. Led also provides more sprectrums of light than conventional lighting and therefore in my opinion works better.

2 grow tent, this will help keep the light out when it's their night time for flowering, as well as keep them out of sight and in a reflective environment to better take advantage of the grow light. Think of it like a portable closet only for your plants.

3 air circulation- aside from a fan passing air over your plants you'll need an inline exhaust fan to keep healthy airflow in your tent at all times.

4 nutrients- a simple blend of easy to use nutrients will help you grow your plants with optimum nutrient levels by following a simple formula usually explained on the bottles themselves.

5 medium, upgrading your soil can make a drastic improvement. I'll post a list later once I've compiled it.

Suggestions welcome!

• Joe
      Joe commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome I'd be willing to invest 250 for the holy plants. I have a frinds who has a friend the sells special cannabis soil. Lights I would like suggestions and as well as for the tent. Nutritions I got from a basic flower shop. Is 5here anything I'm missing?

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the forum, Joe, love your setup!! You got those three chairs set up so that you and friends can watch the beauties grow!!

• Joe
      Joe commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha thanks man we like to think that plathe likes the attention

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      They DO!! They love the attention!!!

as late in ur grow as it is, i cant really help you with those plants. need someone with more experience there. but i can tell you ur grow area needs some tuning to become cannabis friendly. proper lighting looks like number 1 fix. have you read any articles or tutorials on the GWE website? everything you need to know to set up and grow is in there, broke down plain and simple and repeated in most cases several times. as if they wrote it knowing an addled smoker like myself was gonna read and be able to learn, lol.
    read up, and you will.quickly see what needs to be done to make it work for YOU.
    good luck with ur grow!

Comment

Are your plants getting 12 hours of uninterrupted complete darkness a day? If not, you will need to provide that to the plants.
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Joe
        Joe commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn! I read that anywhere between 8 to 12 hours of darkness would be fine. But will definitely change it to 12 12. Thanks ks for the advice!

• Sonnyhad
        Sonnyhad commented
        Editing a comment
        Bloodshot is right on about this. I've also read that any kind of light at all will mess up the process. If that is your grow space, there can be no turn the light on and take a quick look kind of thing at all.. if you could get a grow tent it would be great. Follow what you read on this forum and you'll be alright.. I would like to see your plants flowering!!

• Joe
        Joe commented
        Editing a comment
        No when I turn off the lights it's pitch dark. Cuz there is a room the leads to the room and so I close both light and close the doors. But I think the tent will be good for the heat because right now it's around 23c on the top and 16 one the bottom
        The problem is how do I get good air circulation when out making things too complicated

One is definitely female not sure about the other one cuz although to me it looks male it is in pre bud (I thinks that's what it's called. When it gets the crystaly white hairs that looks like bud) I really hope they're both female! Thanks a lot will give it a look. I've tried reading tutorials but they're just so long and boring but I guess that's a small price to pay...
      thanks a lot mate! Hope some experts do give my grow a look....
      Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        The thing about the articles on the GWE site: they are definitely not boring!! They are very clear and extremely helpful, as intergalactic_harvester mentioned above. If we lived in the kind of society where we could gather together and learn "hands on" from each other, the knowledge would get passed on orally. But, most of us are pretty stealthy and secretive about our grows, so reading becomes a necessity if you want to learn how to do this really right.

Welcome, Joe. I think the primary reason you're having a challenge is the light source you have. Using an IR style lamp doesn't provide the light spectra the plant needs so it stretches out towards it. You have plenty of resources available online to see how this works.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Joe
        Joe commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that's what people have been telling me here but I'm on the quest for a new lamp any suggestions?
        And thanks this site kicks ass

Changed the setup a little
      Attached Files

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Joe I purchase my lights at growershouse.com they seem to have the best pricing but anything will be better than that Ir also I think your right the plant in the last pic. looks like a male the other is in bloom just doesn't have enough light to finish up . I have found good leds on amazon that are pretty cheep and at lowes or home depot there is a silver flexable insulation in 4 foot rolls I would at least circle the plant until you can get a room

Light does seem to be a problem, check out some other grow journals to see what I mean by they are stretching much more than most growers keep especially with how thin the trunk is, are you using any nutes?
      Grow and good luck
      Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

Welcome to the community Joe. From the pics I've seen I would say without a doubt that the light is not the right type of light or nearly strong enough. IR is good for cell division of the plant, but it's not the food plants crave. That would explain the tall, lankyness of your plants. They are stretching and searching for food (ie grow lights or the sun). Also, generally, it's recommended that a MJ plant gets AT LEAST 150 watts.

Second, I would recommend a grow tent or building a grow area down there. I've grown in a basement like yours in the past and it was a nightmare! There can be LOTS of fungus and mold spores down there, not-to-mention you're leaving yourself very susceptible to unwanted insects as well. With such a large space you will save money and headaches by having a closed, secure and controllable grow environment.

I don't imagine that those plants a savable. I would scrape it and start over with a better set up - JMTC

Good luck and welcome : )
        Fast Buds GSC & Green Crack Auto's

Veg:
        4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LED's - Flora Trio + CalMag

Bloom: 4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LEDs - Flora Trio + CalMag & Superbloom

“…marijuana is one of the safest, therapeutically active substances known to man.” – Judge Francis Young (DEA)

Comment

Originally posted by Flockshot View Post
        Are your plants getting 12 hours of uninterrupted complete darkness a day? If not, you will need to provide that to the plants.
        Joe the reason that some plants can handle more light when flowering is genetics and luck! When cannabis gets more of a dark period the less vegging hormones it has thus it will begin to flower, some plants can do it with less of a dark period but not all plants can, and remember the plants are as unique as people some do better in some situations than others.
        Grow and good luck
        Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• Joe
          Joe commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool good to know. It's not really possible to shove the plants outside with their size. I do want to keep on with the 2 because I feel that they could yield and flower but that could be cuz of my connection with them
          Thanks buddy for the tips and explanation!

Just moved the hight of the light and position of the plants. Is any better?
        Attached Files

Comment

My recommendation
        qet a better light, as everyone is saying
        Cut to about half meter tall, it should leaf out from there
        Transplant into well drained 5 gal bucket
        Keep in veg state until it bushes out, maybe 2 or 3 weeks
        Make sure it gets 12 hours darkness daily when you're ready to make it flower

Comment

• Joe
          Joe commented
          Editing a comment
          How do I switch the soil without cutting any of its roots?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X