X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What poops?

Buddy Robert has a turtle.
    Buddy Junior has reptiles.
    I have considered getting myself a small fish tank.
    What poops are good poop for growing weed? I mean, other than traditional composted farm animal poops. I seem to recall vegetarian animals make the fertilizers be they bone, blood, or poop. Omnivores and carnivores not so much. Even the crickets BJ keeps for reptile food make a good amount of poop.
    Is it worth collecting my neighbors' poops for fertilizer?
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Got motivated waiting on you people to answer.
    Carnivore and omnivore poop are no-gos.
    Vegetarian poop is a go.
    Crickets are vegetarians so they have good poop.
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Where do you get enough cricket poop?

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Buy feeder crickets from a reptile store and keep them in a mesh bottom cage with cricket food. Figure a rabbit hutch for crickets.

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        HA! Go to a reptile store, and in a low voice, ask the person behind the counter...know where i can get some bug poo?

Worms make great poop, used to keep them in styrofoam coolers buried in the backyard. I don't think that's an option for you though Gingerbeard. Unless maybe you ask a neighbor if they have any room in their fridge for a medium size tupperwear container.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

outdoor
      Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
      Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

All poop is good if it is composted correctly. Human poop that is properly treated irrigates crops the world over to great effect.

You'd be better off vitamising the fish and adding the fish meal to your compost than the fish poop.
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
        Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
        Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Are these the same countries with frequent outbreaks of debilitating gastrointestinal outbreaks? The key words there are 'composted correctly.' Many of the countries that use hupoo (my word) do not compost.

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Human poop doesn't need much composting or treatment to be used safely on crops. They pump the grey water onto crops and it still stinks, no problem.

If growing indoors not recommended, unless you live in Tijuana

The biggest plant I ever saw was growing in a 4 foot deep pile of human waist at a treatment overflow. The trunk was 6" wide, fans were over 12" long, I may have cried when they puled it (took 3 people) with spider buds only. And even worse the older brother (he did find it) took the black plastic garbage bags now full of weed and placed them in the attic on a day that hit near 100*F. When he got home from work it was bags full of mush.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          You pulled a pot plant out of hupoo and it turned to mush? That is especially eewie.

That's a thing, homegrown with my balcony, I live in about 450ft². I don't have a place to store or compost poop without it getting offensive to myself or the neighbors.
        And why are some poops more offensive than others? Rwise if you handed me a bag of bud and told me it was grown in hupoo, I would gag. If you handed me a bag of bud grown in worm poo, I'd be all in.
        Last edited by Gingerbeard; 10-23-2024, 11:20 AM.
        αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• OldManGrower
          OldManGrower commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds suspiciously like speciesism.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Reverse speciesism. I value other species' poo over my own.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          The worst thing about it is it tasted like shit smells.

Get yourself an aquarium. 20, 30.55. whatever you can handle. keep it freshwater and get you some cool decorations and fish. I think the rule is 1" of fish to every 2 gallons of water or something. Do your bi weekly 20 to 25% water changes and use that to water your plants. It isn't enough to sustain them but there's a whole bio buffet there for them. You have city water so you will have to have a holding bin for your replacement water to let it naturally declorinate beforehand. Actually did this until my stingray died and I removed my aquarium. Plants loved it.
        keeping it green with the soil thing
        love me some frosty autos
        braap
        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

I understand about the different bionisms and things that are in things like worm and fish tea in soil. Do the same ideas apply to coco?
          αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            Why add compost to coco?

I've tried a few different suppliments in coco and nutes manufactured for a coco hydro grow just work best, well thats my experience anyway.

I use coco in part to keep my room free of bugs. Adding compost defeats that purpose I would think. It also adds complexity to how pH is managed. I don't get why you'd make it more complex to manage when you can get perfect results with tailor made liquid nutes and suppliments. Adding organics of unknown composition, strength, pH, etc would confuse things too much in my small brain.

Well no bugs in shitty fish water. But yeah you are doing coco. You are kinda already going the synth thing.
          keeping it green with the soil thing
          love me some frosty autos
          braap
          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Sounds like stick with chemicals. I might get back to soil. Coco is just so freaking easy.
            αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes it is. And arguably better quality buds a lot if the time but certainly better yields. And its clean.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X