Phosphous Def

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phosphous Def

Here's a little Phosphorus deficiency PICS for all you who wonder WTF is going on with all my shi#t. When they first started to develop this. I waited longer than I should and now I have stunted plants. It happens to good seeds and bad seeds. The error here is human intervention or the lack of. Well hope im not to late. Anyone know a quick fix for Phos-Def... LOL LOL Yep Phos and patience's
    Attached Files

Correct me "GWE" here if I'm am in error. These are month old or younger plants, not in flower. Incorrect PH will also do this. The plants will not uptake enough Phos with PH out of balance. Growing in coco,per lite and bio char. Have not had run off.

Comment

The infamous lime green/yellow pale.
      Attached Files

Comment

How did that happen?
        What I mean is, when I see folks who have grown a few plants have issues, I have to wonder what is different about this grow than last.
        I'm in my grow groove. I know how much of what to give my plants after a few years of giving how much of what to my plants. Unless I simply make a mistake, I cannot foresee having anything but gene or bug issues.
        Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

I switched back to coco Gingerbeard I rinsed it and buffered it but i did not do a soil PH test like i usually do. I planted and they came up as usually and here i am with PH issues or Phosphorus deficiencies, Probably both. PH test time. Haven't tested medium for PH in a while.

Comment

Ggoott iitt.
            Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

Tell us what you are feeding her and quantities too please, preferably EC.

What pH is your input/s?
              Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
              Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
              Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
              Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
              Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
              Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
              Last Grow: A mix

Comment

I did a flush with PH 6.0 going in water for now. PH was around 7 coming out. 4 hours later its 6. Doing coco this time and forgot its takes more attention to detail , ie PH. Didn't read EC. Every time i get a EC meter it craps out. I use drops or litmus paper for PH, it don't lie. Nutes are 1/2 half strength FF

Comment

• ZiroOne
                  ZiroOne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Although pH buffering capacity of coco is much less than soils at same volume but pH buffering capacity of coco is still high. pH of coco is almost independent from pH of nutrient solutions. Watering a plant in coco even at pH of 8.0 or 4.0 will not change pH at root zone of a plant grown in coco at all.

perform the following experiment.

Add 1.0 litter of a nutrient solution at pH 3.0, which is 1000 times more acidic than a normal nutrient solution at pH 6.0, to a litter of hydrated coco which its pH is about 6.5. This amount of solution and coco is a model for 2 or 3 watering. Let the coco soak in solution for an hour or two then measure pH of the solution to see that it is still more than 6.2 Now perform the same experiment with nutrition solution at pH 9.0 to see than pH of solution will remain below 6.7. Thats why i say pH of coco is independent from pH of nutrient solution. Nutrient ratios can change pH of coco in a long long period of time during grow but nutrient solution pH can not.

Remember... You can't considerably change the chemistry of coco without 2-3 times as much water as coco volume(Is this senescence grammatically correct? )

pH alone can't effect P uptake but high pH combined with too much Ca can effect P availability by forming insoluble calcium hydroxyapatite.

I don't know which part of plant these leaves belong to but it seems Cu deficiency not P.

No run off shouldn't be any sort of issue but you're using those fabric pots. I have never used these but it may be a little more difficult getting your watering schedule nailed.

Being in coco it's important not to let it dry out. If it has I'd give it a decent flush with pH 6 and half nutes as you're doing and continue watering it that way so you know how much it takes at what size and in what environment.

It may need watering twice a day, Im not sure.
                Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
                Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
                Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
                Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
                Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
                Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
                Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Yep, Bluey I switched back to Coco and forgot my regiment. Got a few up and knew I was forgetting something. Flushed with tap and mute 1/2 strength. Wait time.

Comment

• Bluey
                    Bluey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lots of what you give those will evaporate in those pots so the medium will dry out faster than maybe what you think. Giving it runoff will ensure it soaks all the way through.

Hopefully if dry medium is the issue that resolves it....you also get more of a build up of salts if it is allowed to dry out.

Good luck

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X