What's this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's this?

This one with spots is in a cocoa mix (not foxfarm) and nutrients are medium feed flora series with calmag. 65-80% 70-90°

First thing I think when I see spots is to check for bugs. But it looks like old pH damage, not bugs.
    I don't think it's bugs because you also have issues at the edges of your leaves.
    The damage is old because the damage area is brownish: dead. Were it light greenish purpleish, brownish, or yellowish, that would be ongoing damage.
    I am also saying the damage is old because by the pictures, it looks like the spots are only on the lower leaves.
    Starting in coco can be tricky because people want to treat their seedlings with nutrients and watering the same as they do more mature plants. Seelings in coco need nothing more than not horrible tap water. However many times I've grown coco, I get the same thing. If you keep correct pH and CalMag, it will stick to where it is.
    Nothing to worry about. All in all, they look like good plants. Coco is great but can be finicky when it comes to pH and CalMag.
    Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I AI'd it.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with Mr.GingeMinge

The yellow spots on the leaf are likely pH as he said but typically from wildly varying pH....big swings. Along the margins a nute problem, normally too much.

They look marginally overwatered to me but don't worry too much about that, they will power through it.

I always give my seedlings nutes in coco but really low. About EC 0.3/4. I also flush with that nute mix prior to planting.. Always pH your flush and early feeds to match that of the medium which is 6.0 in coco.

• OldSoul
      OldSoul commented
      Editing a comment
      Through thorough investigation i've come to the same conclusion. Easy fix, it looks like a bush now, I've never seen a stronger thicker growing plant.

"what's this" the one in coco coir is a cannabis plant.!

Comment

• OldSoul
      OldSoul commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I see.🤣

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      You AI'd it.

• dirtymike
      dirtymike commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep sure did.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X