Please help, have my plants Hermed on me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Please help, have my plants Hermed on me

Please help. This is my first DWC grow and I’m seeing some concerns. Can someone please tel me if my plants have Hermed out on me or if these are just big calyx’s. I really hope it’s the ladder.

I See Nothing....
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

outdoor
    Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
    Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

Hard to tell from here! Oh homegrown

Comment

Hard to tell from here! homegrown​​​​​​ has a good point.

Comment

4 Files are invalid, we cant see them.

Comment

What about now, can you see the photos now?

Comment

Please advise, I’m losing sleep over this, I don’t want to ruin or loose my whole crop

Comment

Yes we can see the pics now, looks like you have nanners from here, others will chime in soon

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  IF there's not to many one can pluck them off

• Bluey
                  Bluey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They look suspect but I'm not sure. Could be, could be start of a flower also. Too hard to tell for sure for me but then I don't see hermies here although I have had them as I have found an unexplained seed or two in my jars and also in my medium after a grow. But I've never got seedy buds because of it.

So I concluded after lots of reading help from you guys that the plant in question most definitely Hermed on me and was riddled with nanners all over the place after deep inspection, I tried picking them all off but became overwhelmed with the sheer number of them so I decided to scrap the plant….. poor thing. Damn that was painful. On the plus side I opened up lots of room for my other plants to spread out and fill in.

Apparently this is not the first time this has happened to me from the same batch of seeds. The first times went unnoticed except for some seeds in my buds. I thought maybe I introduced some pollen from outside or something but now am thinking they seeded themselves after this. I will be keeping a much closer eye on future grows from that batch of seeds.

Thanks for all your input and help. It is much appreciated

Comment

Hermied plants are not useless. They are a bummer but still produce trichomes. Consider making hash with what you don't want to smoke.
                  My hermie removal has been done with scissors. There's no way to get down an remove the whole thing but you can get in with some pointy scissors and cut at least half of it off.
                  Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

For the future, while the nanners do resemble calyxes, the big difference is the pistil. Calyxes have the big hair sticking out the end.
                    Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
                    3x3x6

Comment

SmokeyJoe, you shouldn't have tossed them. Some of the best weed I ever smoked came from a Hermied plant. Haven't you ever smoked weed with seeds in it?

Comment

@Kingfish… After the fit of frustration was over and discouragement past and my thoughts cleared again I realized the same thing and regret chopping it. I got a nice pair of tweezers and went thru it like a comb and the amount of nanners on the plant was insane. It was like every leaf I looked under bam there they were. EVERYWHERE. And I got super discouraged and pretty mad about it and acted out of frustration which I do regret. Thanks for the advice

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X