No announcement yet.

Sick plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not sure how to reply to who or maybe it’s that there are too many to reply to. But in general thanks for your help. I have another plant to show and the main difference is watering. The second difference is light spacing. The first plant was watered too much and the light was too close burning the leaves. Then it lost those leaves giving it a leggy appearance. The plants were leggy to begin with also, so your diagnosis was correct and helpful. Losing the bottom leaves that had burned just made the leggy worse.
    The other difference is that this one started germinating 8-19, the other started 7-12.
    The peat cup is also different and I think I just got lucky on this. I had to put in my own drainage holes, and they are smaller than the other cups. This may be why the entire cup is moist. Anyway it seems to look better.
    Is this one ready to transplant? Someone (I dont have the name handy) said to transplant when the leaves were to the outside diameter of the cup, and to cut out the bottom or remove the cup entirely.
    What size pot and do you recommend clay or plastic? I’ve been using 8” diameter clay, but I’m learning.

Edit (added); is this plant leggy or is it about right? I have the light’s legs on 2x4’s to compensate for the peat cup additional height, and it puts the light at 5-6”. Is that correct for a ferry morse t-5 grow light?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1416.jpg Views:	0 Size:	598.4 KB ID:	630476
    Last edited by Brwnthmb; 09-04-2024, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by golfnrl View Post
      Its a little leggy cause it's chasing the light. Move it closer. Looks like a case of overwatering and should have been moved to a bigger container, and it might need some food if there isn't any in the grow medium. Not too late to save it. Give more grow details, environment, temps, RH, nutrients, feeding schedule, grow medium, lights, distance to canopy, etc.
      im actually responding to a different message but this one also mentions the plant food or nutrients, and that is my question. What do I need to add to the soil?
      The soil that I am using is two types. The first is for seedlings and the other is a standard potting soil. Specifically Black Gold seedling mix and Vigoro all purpose potting mix. The second says that it “continuously feeds up to 9 months”. I was hoping that someone had figured this out for me already and made a potting soil that works for house plants and I could just use that. But if I need something added to it, by all means let me in on it. Thanks!
      (The soil in the peat cups is the seedling mix.)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X