What is this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this ?

around 4 days ago i started seeing some dying leaves and now branches. I think I have seen folks saying something about a borer but didnt see anything in the GWE pest guide. anyone know this one? and if so, is there anything I can do? It's in at least 6 spots now. what starts at a branch node, then the leaves yellow and then the woumd with mold growing at the node. I rubbed peroxide yesterday and tried to pick open the sopt underneath, which just looks like dead branch. Help? this is a Durban Poison in a 7 gal pot of home made super soil. She is the slowest of my outdoor girls thi year. the others are not yet touched.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Might be one of those times of year for outdoor growers?
    what's this dark color thing on my plant? - GrowWeedEasy.com Cannabis Growing Forum
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Looks like botrytis (also known as bud rot) to me, you can try peroxide (maybe some aloe) but anything strong enuf to kill it also kills the plant. IF you can, keep it dry, put a fan on it.

Comment

Have you had something else going on, Bootsy? Bugs, perhaps. Way lower right corner is a stem that is missing it's fan in the background and holes in leaves in the foreground. I see a number of other decapitated stems that are falling and about to fall off.
        αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          It also looks wet, and a few spots that could be WPM starting
          Being outside leaves can have holes from wind damage.

Looks like a worm type pest. Not an expert on bugs but it seems like there is a point of attack there. Moth larve maybe?

Comment

Hey. Speedygreen - it seems you win. A local guy told me it's from a borer worm (not yet sure of the name) . apparently I can kill em individually by poking up and down the hole (which i cant yet see) with a piece of wire . later today this will be done. Hoping that since they are worms developing, they wont spread unitl their adult stage, at least the others are still safe. Thank for all the other guesses. When I get the bug's name I will somehow get the info to GWE for future. Apparently somewhat common here , so maybe add it to the pest list. cheers
          A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

I fight bore worms, damage looks nothing like that, I find them inside limbs nearer to the tip of the bud. You should be able to find the penetration point, a small hole. I have also found them in buds, both the white grubs and the orange ones. Some have had good results with injecting something into the hole, I myself smash the stem and let it be, I use to cut it off and dig into these limbs. There are several types of bore worm, apparently even a band.
            Good Luck!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X