Male or hermaphrodit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Male or hermaphrodit?

Hello just wondering if this is male or herm? Don't want it messing with any of my females?

Balls are boys. Nanners are hermies. Poor, lonely hermies.
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. The top crown has pistils but the purple cluster bellow is throwing male flowers.

I'd say all female at this stage.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      You're looking below the top flower, yes? Not at the flower.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait... bunch more education... nanners... bananas... bunch of banana education... get it?

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I get it. Terrible!

Found 6 more seeds in another jar of my latest harvest. I think they are growing them in the jars. And they looked well cooked too. Must have hermied but haven't found one in a bud yet. Think I'll jar these seeds for another time.

I see a bunch of nanners on the lower portion of each pic....sorry.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

outdoor
    Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
    Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

all that is pistils coming out of the bract , nanners I've seen are a bit more yellow. I haven't seen many hermies either though so i would wait and watch those to see what happens.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        This is what I am seeing. In my experience the female sac is typically shaped like a tear drop, often on its side with the narrow end pointing a bit upwards. The male Nana is typically smaller, points downward and is shaped more banana to grid iron football shaped. More low lying fruit in its presentation.

That is my highly scientific approach that works sometimes.
        Last edited by Bluey; 09-02-2024, 02:57 PM.

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        thats my understanding of pollen sacs also but I haven't seen enough to know for sure. their color and location is what is confusing Bluey

Let's talk about it.
      My experience is limited to a handful of nanners on one of my first grows, pictures, and a little googling for my own edification.
      Speaking autodidactically, nanners grow from buds, not bud sites. So, nanners can aim in most direction.
      Those nanners are growing from what would otherwise be growing flowers. If you get in on them, you can see calyxes. Those nanners are actually growing in underdeveloped flowers and are larger than the calyxes they are growing in. Well developing nanners in small calyxes. Get me?
      Now, about those flowers. It looks like they are on lower stems. Maybe first a first stem on a main branch? Personally, I'd get rid of the whole stem. That flower isn't going to give you much more than a swear word at harvest and you will spend valuable dope smoking time getting rid of the nanners.
      αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Am i missing something? The first pic shows a prefect example of male/ female parts...3 nanners in a bunch on the left and a flower on the right. The second pic has two definite nanners on the right and probably a couple more as well...too blurry to tell for sure.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

outdoor
        Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
        Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          I see exactly what you are referring to. I'd expect pistols to burst out of those. But then I don't get seedy buds with my sativas although I have found a random seed in a jar or two in the past.

This grow I've found one seed in one jar and about 5 in another of the Sour Diesel crosses but found none in the buds yet. I saw two suspect "nanas" but just left them alone as they didn't become aparant until the last couple of weeks and they sat on the outside of the bud. I wasn't certain either that they were Nana's but am now.

The seed was well cooked and looked fully matured so I suspect they may have been inside the bud and not easily visible from an early stage. To be honest, if I get a dozen seed in a pound of weed it's no big deal and a bit of a bonus if they can be germinated and not produce seedy bud.

homegrown 1
        Click image for larger version

Name:	download.png
Views:	64
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	630367
        αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X