Help… Bud Rot????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help… Bud Rot????

Trying to determine if this is bud rot… certain parts of the my smaller buds are turning brown on a couple of plants but I’m not really seeing any signs of mold when looking within the bud itself. It’s more of dried up brown areas. This is an outdoor grow with auto flowering plants. and has been extremely dry overall so no long exposure to water other than dew in mornings. If this is, bud rot, if a coala has one small brown spot does the entire thing have to go or only cut out the infected area. I know I need to change conditions to probably save my grow but not possible so trying to salvage what I can. Looking for some advice. Thanks so much !

Never seen bud rot on early bud formation only late in the flowering stage. I would check all my plants close if i seen this on one. Looks like bud rot as far as color but i m not sure. Growing outdoors is a challenge for sure. If the plants around your domicile have it your cannabis usually gets it also. Nature likes to share, good or bad.

Comment

Looks like it to me.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Looks like it . Take a clear closeup.

Comment

• Mare
          Mare commented
          Editing a comment
          Added more pics

Kinda looks like it but bud rot starts on the inside of the buds where moisture gets trapped. If you're not seeing any when you tear the buds apart my guess would be some other type of mold. End result is probably the same though. Not consumable.

Comment

Here’s some additional pics.. I thought since it’s in the earlier stages that it might be something other than bud rot. If it is … do I just cut off the buds showing symptoms?

Comment

If you pull some of the brown leaves off they will be real dry and crumble. The closer you get to the stem it will become mushy .. Yes I would cut everything i found with it on it . I just cut and burn. Might want to lower the humidity also.

Comment

• Mare
              Mare commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s an outside grow so not much I can do to change the humidity unfortunately.

I agree I have cut them back, and try to dry the environment if you can. Just watch very closely and Quarantine each plant if you can. Outside is tough , I brought them in last fall in the garage at night and out on dry days most outdoor growers here in the northeast lost there crops 1-2 wks before harvest because of bud rot. . I did not but lost some really nice colas. Good luck.

Comment

Put a clear roof over them to stop them getting wet and blow some air directly at the buds.
              Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
              Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
              Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
              Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
              Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
              Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
              Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X