Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaf yellowing in week 4 of Veg

Hello everyone,

I noticed recently that my lower leaves were yellowing. This started more around the veins of the leaves but eventually they fully yellowed and died. I initially thought it could be lack of light given they were on the lower leaves but it seems to have moved up to the middle now. There isn't a ton of leaves doing this but I want to get ahead of it.

Any thoughts on this and my uploaded pic?

Info:
    Strain: Cali Kush Feminized / Photoperiod
    Week 4-5 of veg
    Water PH: 5.6 - 5.7
    Fertilizer:
    1. Using Big Bloom and Grow Big every other week. So far 2 rounds to this point. BB 6tsp / gallon, GB 3tsp / gallon
    2. One round of Cal Mag so far @ 1.5tsp / gallon

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Can you show your whole plant? What is your medium?
    Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

What are you growing in? Your PH is far too low for soil or coco. Bring your PH up to 6.4. The picture is very indicative of PH problems.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Fix your pH. It is way too low and it will lock out the calmag. I'd also give it a 6.4 next feed with a half calmag suppliment.

Edit. In coco not below 5.8 in veg or 6 in flower. They are the lows typically. Not above 6.5. In soil 6.5 to 6.8 I think is typical. Get a good pH meter.
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
        Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
        Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Thanks for the quick response all. This is a new strain to me so I was wondering if PH might be the case.

Should I proactively prune off these yellowing leaves or will this cause even more stress?

Gingerbeard see additional pic as requested. Also, per your question, I am using FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil.​
          Attached Files

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            It won't hurt to leave the leaves I wouldn't think. I think these plants produce lesser outcomes the more you stress them, especially if in flower.

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            What he said all over the place. Removing them means you won't have to worry about them. But you can't tell your plants are in trouble without them. What?
            FFOF is full of what you need for vegging. All you need to worry about is keeping your pH good.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X