Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL 7th week of flower and would like advice on deficiency

Hey all,
    I'm in my 7th week of flower and one of my plants is showing interveinal chlorosis.

I'm growing in soil and I PH tested it yesterday at 6.5. Watering between 6.2 and 6.8.

I top dressed with guano and ecothrive charge 3 weeks ago. Watering is every 2nd day at the moment due to the heat and relatively small pot size.

Nutrients are Mills cal-mag at 1 ml/l, TA Organic Bloom at either 1.5 ml/l or 2 ml/l (depending on other additives), TA bloom boost 3 ml/l, sometimes Biobav Problem Solver at 2.5 ml/l, and recently H&G shooting powder at 1/2 dose (this chlorosis preceded that and it hasn't worsened but also hasn't improved).
    EC is usually around 1.5 but is 2 with Shooting Powder (not every feed).

I have added some epsom salts to my water with no clear improvement.
    This morning at lights off I used some Cannacure as a foliar spray as it seems to have iron, manganese and magnesium which I thought may help but I'd appreciate any advice.

PPFD c750
    Temps 21°-26°
    VPD 1.3-1.5

and a healthier one of my other plant:

Bad news is, your plants are dying. Good news is, they are supposed to.
    The discoloration is from late stage flowering. All the nutrients and whatnots are getting sucked up by the flowers as your leaves are done doing what leaves do.
    Although it is common, it does not always happen. Keep on what you are keeping on.
    Before you ask, flushing is your call. Some do, some don't.
    Raygun is hip-hop.

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

This looks like the start of what one of my sativas does commencing about week 3 of flower followed quickly by rust spots that spread fast. Effects top leaves or those getting most light which doesn't appear to be how yours have started, they look lower and lesser light or were they top leaves when it commenced?
      I havent solved the problem this end but my next try is reducing calmag and moving to flower nutes earlier in that sativa. But my seeds are mixed up and dont know which is which till it starts...duh!
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Thank you both - I've seen you both have threads and they are impressive grows!

It's quite recent so it appears to have impacted leaves fairly uniformly. I'm hoping I can just care for that one and it not have a big impact on quality (quantity either but even a couple of Oz will be plenty from that plant). I hope the foliar gives it a quick boost for now but we will see.

Oh, and I know what you mean when talking about not knowing which seed was which. My fiancée didn't realise I'd used a couple of the freebie seeds I got with my order so she moved the soil plugs around without thinking about it not noticing the little label mixing them up. I figure that as they near harvest I might be able to do some visual identification looking at other people's results on the same strain. It won't matter too much of not though. First grow so I will be trying some other strains out for a while on the next few grows anyway.

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't use foliar spray on your flowers. Don't wet them with anything.

Foliar? As in spray? Don't do it. Never spray during flowering. Especially as far along as you are. What you spray will remain in your flowers.
        Seriously. Don't worry about the leaves. What is happening is natural. What is happening is good.
        Nonononono.... no foliar spray!
        Raygun is hip-hop.

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
          Foliar? As in spray? Don't do it. Never spray during flowering. Especially as far along as you are. What you spray will remain in your flowers.
          Seriously. Don't worry about the leaves. What is happening is natural. What is happening is good.
          Nonononono.... no foliar spray!
          Spot on. Listen to him/her^^. They speak logic. They are doing beautifully. Relax, crack a beer, smoke a j, and wait for the prize....Seriously, this late in the game bro, chill. You're golden..
          Last edited by Radeon; 08-01-2024, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            So your saying that was not you at the circus last week? Damn who the hell did I toss a joint to?

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            't warn't this gingerated clown. I don't do joints. The beard gets nervous when it gets that close to fire.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL I caught mine on fire at a ZZ Top concert, wasn't directly related to a joint.

Originally posted by UFO View Post
          Hey all,
          I'm in my 7th week of flower and one of my plants is showing interveinal chlorosis.

I'm growing in soil and I PH tested it yesterday at 6.5. Watering between 6.2 and 6.8.

I top dressed with guano and ecothrive charge 3 weeks ago. Watering is every 2nd day at the moment due to the heat and relatively small pot size.

Nutrients are Mills cal-mag at 1 ml/l, TA Organic Bloom at either 1.5 ml/l or 2 ml/l (depending on other additives), TA bloom boost 3 ml/l, sometimes Biobav Problem Solver at 2.5 ml/l, and recently H&G shooting powder at 1/2 dose (this chlorosis preceded that and it hasn't worsened but also hasn't improved).
          EC is usually around 1.5 but is 2 with Shooting Powder (not every feed).

I have added some epsom salts to my water with no clear improvement.
          This morning at lights off I used some Cannacure as a foliar spray as it seems to have iron, manganese and magnesium which I thought may help but I'd appreciate any advice.

PPFD c750
          Temps 21°-26°
          VPD 1.3-1.5

and a healthier one of my other plant:

Interveinal chlorosis can be a challenge!

From what you've described, it's likely an iron deficiency. The fact that you've added Epsom salts without improvement suggests it might not be a magnesium issue.

Consider adding an iron-specific supplement, like iron chelate, to your regimen. Also, review your watering schedule and ensure your plants are getting enough moisture.

Lastly, keep an eye on your VPD and adjust as needed to prevent water stress.​

Comment

Oh My a third I see

Comment

Thanks for the advice all! Hopefully I'll just get through the next 3 or 4 weeks with no drama!

Comment

(evil laugh) Buuwwwaaaahahaha! Yer drama ain't over, kid. It's trichome watching time!
                Get a jump on it and check out the main GWE website for harvest information. See you then.
                (less evil but still ominous) Buwaahaha...
                Raygun is hip-hop.

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X