Over dried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over dried

So I’ve been drying a harvest for 9 days in a tent with two small clip on fans on low, I’ve been really ill this last week so didn’t check on it until today and think I could have ruined the harvest. The buds are a brownish all round shit looking colour and overly dry. I am just about to try a cure with some humidity packs to try and salvage it, the cannabis smell is still there, no hay type smell is there. Any tips on drying so I don’t do this again would be good

TIA

You don't want fans blowing air on buds you are drying. You want air movement and that's it so a small fan in a large room on low pointed away from the buds is perfect.

16⁰C 60%RH will dry large dank wet trimmed on branch buds in 9 days pretty much perfectly.

If you have high humidity it a good idea to wet trim and dry on racks.

If you have high temps or low humidity dry trim and hang the whole plant for a slow dry.

You can use what you have in edibles or make some hash or butter.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Ok so I’ve fucked the harvest up 😂 Great advice tho for all situations there I’ll read this back next harvest. I haven’t done too well this grow anyways, onwards to the next

Comment

Originally posted by Hdk40 View Post
        So I’ve been drying a harvest for 9 days in a tent with two small clip on fans on low, I’ve been really ill this last week so didn’t check on it until today and think I could have ruined the harvest. The buds are a brownish all round shit looking colour and overly dry. I am just about to try a cure with some humidity packs to try and salvage it, the cannabis smell is still there, no hay type smell is there. Any tips on drying so I don’t do this again would be good

TIA
        For salvaging overly dry cannabis with humidity packs, try using a salt/water mixture (75% RH) in a larger bag with your jars. This can help raise the RH to the desired level. However, if the buds are too dry, Boveda packs may only make them wet without starting the cure. Ideally, aim to naturally dry your buds to around 58% humidity before adding Boveda packs. If they're too wet, you can use brown paper bags to help them dry more evenly.

Comment

I always wet trim, its easier for me and I use a meter to test the dryness, I think it was $20 or so on Amazon but I am a meter guy. You can rehydrate somewhat with leaves if your growing other plants and I have read potato and or orange peels will work but keep an eye on it daily. Weed that is dry will still smoke but usually be kind a harsh, if its too harsh make edibles like mentioned above or dry ice hash is always good to have. Weed that is too wet will rot, get mold and mildew that could hurt you so if you are going to error its better to do it on the dry side.

How damp is your dank? We explore the uncharted territory of moisture in marijuana and concentrates and what it all means.

Comment

I've done it. What worked for me was a fine mist spray from a spray bottle on the lid of the jar. Need a hydrometer in the jars. One spray every other day. Don't go overboard. Not a fan of Boveda packs.

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              The spray works well if it isn't too far gone.

I wouldn't say it reverses the problem just stops it from getting worse.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X