Herb dryers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herb dryers

I’ve ordered a herb dryer for this harvest to speed the drying up abit. Does anyone use these? It comes with a small pc style fan on the top. Was thinking woukd it dry it too fast and ruin the crop, making it smell of hay and destroying it. Anyone use these at all?

I have not used an herb dryer. I considered it but decided that since I’m only drying my home grow, the herb dryer wasn’t worth the $$ because it only sped the drying process up by a few days. The hay smell is removed during the cure. My weed is cured and stored in wide mouth mason jars.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
    Autopot system
    : Malawai 100% Sativa Ace Seeds x 2
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Purple Haze/Malawi x 3/Ace Seeds Purple Haze x 1 ILGM
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Ive found the faster you dry them the harsher they are so I wouldn't take that path. Low and slow is the go, if you can.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

I would say time it takes to dry increases the over all quality so personally I try to extend it not shorten it. That is probably Bro Science from the "serve no wine before its time" days but I am never in that much of a hurry at that point.

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          I've dried bud now using all sorts of techniques and timings and its always smoked better when dried slow regardless of how I did it. Sometimes science takes a while to catch up.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X