Question about dry ice hash.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about dry ice hash.

I'm always looking for new things to try and better ways to do them.

Since this gal I'm working on is real fuzzy, I was thinking of doing a dry ice hash run. But the question is....after harvest? After drying? After curing? When is the optimal time to do this? And how much dry ice do you recommend using?

I can get dry ice at the local market for cheap, so that's not an issue, but I'd like to get the most out of this that I can, since we've had a lot.of issues this grow.

Any advice, tips and tricks are appreciated! Y'all have been great with the advice so far, hoping for more banger replies.

EDIT -- Should I only do this with the trim, or the buds as well? I'd like to smoke the buds/use them in edibles still, after I dry ice them. I did read the tutorial here, but I did need some clarification as that specifies ground bud.
    Last edited by Saeteinn; 07-15-2024, 05:24 AM.
    Current Grow:
    - Pine Tar Kush {photoperiod}
    - ViparSpectra XS2000 LED {full spectrum, dimmable}
    - MarsHydro grow tent {4'x4'x6'}
    - DWC bucket
    - Manifold/LST​

I usually just use the trim and popcorn buds. I had a couple of monster grows and I ended up running out of room to store it so I put it all in a flower sifter/shaker with dry ice and it worked great. The bags work well too but your arms will get tired, lol. I have made bubble hash several times too and its a mess compared to the dry ice hash. Unfortunately for me I have to go to a weld shop 40 miles away to get dry ice

Comment

• Allenpro
      Allenpro commented
      Editing a comment
      No I use an electric shaker/sifter like bakers use. I use it to sift my weed for cones with a #12 mesh and a 125 & 200 mesh for keif. I dont think a flour sifter is a fine enough mesh

• Saeteinn
      Saeteinn commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, so more like a lab shaker, I planned on getting one of those anyway. I can see how that would be a lot easier than shaking the bucket!

• Allenpro
      Allenpro commented
      Editing a comment
      It works really well, and yes, if my wife sees me shaking the bags she might think I am dancing and I cant have that

I never looked at the validity of this, but it seems logical.
    Someone posted about using food grade dry ice. Something about there being such qualities in dry ice as there are in other products we talk about using for extraction or growing.
    Raygun is hip-hop.

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

I've always used older stock buds for dry ice. Thing is it pulverizes everything so the more leaf matter the more contamination. 2lb will do a pound of bud. Maybe two. Break it up into 1" chunks. I use a 90 mesh bag and only a 3 minute gentle shake for top grade then 120 for 3 for great but slightly contaminated. Then use the leftovers for butter.
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Saeteinn
        Saeteinn commented
        Editing a comment
        That's some pretty good advice there! And the pulverizing was what I was concerned about with using actual bud for this, so I think as previously recommended I'll do this for the sugar leaves and popcorn buds, though your suggestion for older bud is a good one too. Also, having some kind of amount ratio helps, because I shouldn't need that much ice this run through.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X