Summer Auto show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Auto show

Over the years, I've discovered that attempting to grow outdoors in my climate is an exercise in disappointment. Everything grows wonderfully well and huge, and then the fall rains start and even if I put my plants under shelter, Mr. Bud Rot emerges from his dirty mattress down by the river and takes all my weed. Why get my hopes up?

Autos do fine, however, and even though I've never really learned how to get good yield from these things, I can turn over two crops in one summer while Mr Rot is still out chasing tail, unaware of the fruits of my labor.

So this year I planted two Scarlet Grapes by Going2fast and a blood orange haze auto self cross by mephisto. The self cross is in a subirrigated planter, or SIP ("Garden Pickers" from Home Depot). The scarlet grapes are about seven or eight weeks, maybe, and the BOH is about five to six weeks So far I'm really liking the SIP, it's easy to keep watered.

Photos to come.
    Last edited by Franklin; 07-18-2024, 10:46 AM.

Photos of the whole garden, the BOH in the SIP with a tomato plant, the big scarlet grapes in a pot, and a small, shaded and buried Scarlet Grapes in the garden bed. Notice how much further behind the shaded plant is even though they're the same age.
    Attached Files

Comment

Oh man I feel for you. Bud rot has been dominant here for four years now. This is the number one reason for me to grow indoors. Almost all my outdoor grow friends, over 90%, have had total or very near total losses and what was salvaged produced terrible weed that tears the back and roof out of your throat.

If your growing autos outdoors in soil I'd expect yields to be down 20% on an indoor hydro grow.

Full sun is the go for sure.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

Nice garden Franklin been a while since a post from you. I'm still planting your beans and it's been a experience.

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          I just harvested two of Franklin 's and have 10 more of his on the go at different stages. He really has done me a wonderful favour. I thank him very much. Thanks mate.

Edited to confirm all seeds from Going2fast
        Last edited by Franklin; 07-18-2024, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• OldManGrower
          OldManGrower commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep! GTF is the seed lord of this particular spawn.

Ok while my first round is flowering I just planted my second auto round for the summer. I got another SIP and set it up, I broke the instructions a little (like the last one) because I wanted more of a living soil grow and the SIPs call for planting mix instead of soil (soil doesn't wick well). So what I did is pack the wick corners with coco coir and then filled the pot with a mix of soil, lots of homemade compost, coir, and perlite. I planted one sweet seeds honey peach auto (high CBD, low THC like 5 to 10 percent, I'm stoked because I love smoking but don't love getting super high). Also in the SIP I planted one pound cake auto (pound town x Bessie Cake). Stoked to try a cross of Humboldt seed co genetics. Also in a separate pot i planted one devil's food cake auto from Going2fast (cross between hellbender and Bessie Cake). Clever cross names, eh? Photos are of my compost screening and SIP build.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Franklin; 07-18-2024, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Going2fast
          Going2fast commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks but all three are my beans. And yes I try to match the names with the parents lol.

Now I'm real curious. Blowdout2269 are you further seeding Going2fast Scarlets?
        Have the F-1's gone F-2?
        I ain't no hollaback beard.

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

A friend of mine said he's got Earth Boxes he didn't need .. So I tell him to bring it over.... Turns out it's a City Picker box. Pretty much the same thing as the earth box just more square instead of rectangular. I'm going to try them out on my next grow. Already loaded with soil, nutrients and biology.
          I hope they work out well for you 👍
          Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:

🪴 Acapulco Gold (B/W Label NASC) *autoflower
          🪴 Hot Cakes (Going2fast)*autoflower
          🪴 Pound Town (Humboldt Seed Co)*autoflower
          🪴 Cherry Pie (B/W Label NASC)*autoflower
          🪴 Bloody Runtz (Going2fast) *autoflower
          🪴 Blue Dream (Blimburn)*photo
          🪴 MAC1 x Blue Dream 3x (crossed Blimburn)*Regular
          🪴 End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
          (The Uncle Grandpa)
          🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
          🪴 FreakShow (Hi-Elevation Genetics)*Regular

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
          🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Blue Oyster 2x, Pink Oyster 1x

Comment

Hello all. Allow me to clarify. Franklin is just a little confused . Pound cake, devils food cake and scarlet grapes are my strains. We both frequent another forum where Blowdout2269 reversed one of my scarlet grapes ( with my consent. He actually asked) and then gave them away to a large populus on said forum on his dime. Therefore there are f2 versions of scarlet grapes out there. He gave me some. Frankiins grapes may be f2 but the others came from me on a trade. Hope that clears up any confusion.
            Last edited by Going2fast; 07-17-2024, 05:04 PM.
            keeping it green with the soil thing
            love me some frosty autos
            braap
            BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
            Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
            the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
            blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Franklin
              Franklin commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the clarification, I've edited sections above to reflect these are Going2fast creations.

Same here with the seasonal change at the end of the year. Even now everything outside is soaked every night. Even the oak trees get WPM. That is why I gave up outdoor gardening. I have pondered autos outside, to much hassle imo.
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

The scarlet grapes is looking amazing. The frost spreads deep on the leaves and it's not even quite halfway through flower. Great cross!
              Attached Files

Comment

• dirtymike
                dirtymike commented
                Editing a comment
                Wont be long and the purple will appear

Scarlet Grapes keeps chugging along, man these flowers are stacking so huge, with crystals deep into the leaves and making the leaves curl. The scent is amazing, super powerful, floral, fruity, piney. The buds are chunky and thick. Seriously it doesn't get any better than this. Nice job Going2fast, this is definitely the best auto I've ever grown. The honey peach CBD and pound cake are 11 days old and the devil's food cake finally popped five days ago. The blood orange haze is about seven to eight weeks and it's... Fine. Small, not very beautiful, scent is very subtle.
              Attached Files

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
                No3odiesShad0w commented
                Editing a comment
                looking great! 👍

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                Coming along nicely and well integrated into your garden

• dirtymike
                dirtymike commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice diversity going on in that garden. An outdoor Scarlet grape, bet its swells up nice.

Looking good bro. Really interested in the honey peach. Sound like a good CBD strain.
              keeping it green with the soil thing
              love me some frosty autos
              braap
              BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
              Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
              the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
              blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X