Defoliation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Defoliation

Large sucker leaves shading node site growth in vegetation should I remove to allow more light

I think that is a good idea.

Comment

I do a heavy defol the day I flip and then again 22 days after. Its a method called Schwazzing and it works very well on most strains but its a risk I dont mind taking. I have 2 garlic storms going and the I suspect the tiny popcorn buds on the one I really went to town on is because its a strain that didnt really care for it. Look for my post on the RDWC and you will see how extreme I took that plant. I dont think I would try that on a Auto Flower but they have gotten a lot better in recent years

Using the schwazzing method you can dramatically increase your yield! It takes time to master but we've generated cannabis yields north of 4 pounds per light. Here's our in-depth guide to get your schwazze process dialed.

Comment

Taking leaves may decrease light absorption so the growth. it never increases light but it help better light distribution which can effect shape of the plant.

leaves not only are light collectors but also nutrients reservoir. They take lots of light and nutritions to be built. So Instead of removing them, push them down, below the foliage they have shaded as they are in high value for plants.

some growers heavily remove leaves and claim it is a good strategy. Yes, it is true. It is a good strategy but very bad methodology specially during vegetative phase. They are several plant trainings they can follow instead of removing leaves.

TAKING LEAVES=LOSING TIME, MONEY AND ENERGY.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X