Mutation training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutation training

Hello everyone. I've been coming to this site for help with growing the last couple years. This is my first post tho. Every year for the last 3 years I've grown 2 plants outside along my vegetables. They grow great with minimum effort every year. This year, one of the plants apparently had a mutation. Instead of having 2 stems, one on each side at each node, this girl has 3 at every node. Normally, I use the manifold method to train my plants. (I was actually disappointed when I found out Nebula no longer uses it lol) I was wondering if there are any certain training techniques especially for this? Or should I leave her all natural? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

I am not an outdoor grower, but I think this is great. Be nice if you could breed her. Any how too the point, It seems to me that three branches is more than four so congratulations. Interested to know if you top her and great three main cola's. Train her the same as any other plant and count your blessings.
    Current Grow: 1 GG4, 2 Hot Cakes, 1 Sweet Gelato Autos
    3 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I'd top her as normal for the first top and then just watch her and see what she does before doing any more topping.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

I wouldn't do anything different unless it looks like it wants you to do something different and if you mean mainline manifold I would certainly go for it and have a 3 way manifold. If you have a place to put it inside I would clone the tops I cut off and keep it going. I bet a 3 legged reveg would be seriously unique lol. Keep us posted

Comment

Hey everyone. Thanks for the advice. Sorry for the late reply, I must have notifications off. I've never cloned before. I don't know much about it at all really. I'm assuming there's some helpful information here about it. It would be pretty cool to have a few more like that. I'm about to go top her now.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X