Nutrient ignorant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrient ignorant

I still consider myself a new grower. I purchased these nutrients and have grown a few plants using them with mixed results. A couple have produced fine, some had loose flowers, and some started getting yellow leaves within 2 weeks of entering flowering stage. Just learned today that I've been using the chart for hydro applications instead of soil, which I'm using. I also believe I've been reading the schedule incorrectly. I looked at the grow powder row and read it as tsp to gallons instead of tsps and grams. I never bothered with ec or ppm because of this. So now I have questions. Is the grow powder x tsp or g per gallon of water? If so, does this mean that by ppm I should expect to give 1/2 gallon of food per week in seedling stage and 1 gallon a week for weeks 1&2 of vegetation, and so on? Or, do I add nutrients until I hit the correct ec? And is the ec measured in food going in, in the soil, or the runoff?

You need to ask the manufacturer of the nutes.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

My suggestion is that you pick up some measuring tools so that you aren't guessing.

Apera or Bluelab. Your choice. Aperas pen has both pH and PPM/EC modes. Blue Lab splits it up into 2 different pens.

I mix my feed solutions based on 500 scale of PPM. In early veg I go no higher than 600 ppm. I use only base and cal/mag. In mid to late veg I'm feeding at around 900 - 1000 ppm. In late veg to early flower I up the PPM to around 1200 ppm. I don't go any higher than that because usually I start to see tip burn indicating that I've hit the plants preferred limit.

Here's how I mix my feed solutions....

I fill a 5 gallon bucket with pure water. Depending on the stage of the plant, I mix in base until I get to 80% of my final PPM number. I add in the recommended amount of cal/mag and check my PPM. If I'm under I add in more base until I hit my number or get close to it. If I'm over I just add more water until I hit my number. If you're in soil then checking your pH isn't crucial as the soil should have buffers to achieve the pH level the plant wants. If you're in a media like coco where pH is typically low then you'll need to raise your pH. 6.5 in soil. 5.8 in hydro.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X