Equipment Questions - New Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equipment Questions - New Session

I've set a budget for new equipment ( Tent, Light, pH test/Up/Down, Nutes, and misc. equipment.) I haven't included a new carbon filter or anything exhaust related, I have a number in my head I just need some experience to guide my purchases.

I want to get a new tent (36" x 36" x 72" MIN , 48" x 48" x 84/96" MAX) , a new light (preferably a dense penetrative LED that can cover without struggle said tent sizes, and the rest I think I can judge myself , unless yall have some good insight.

Trying to stay under 1.5
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

I'll talk about the tent.
    My 3x3x6 was the cheapest I could find. I know it was less than $100 but might have been less than $90. Name brandless. It is foil lined instead of mylar and I can find little pieces of foil in my apartment, from time to time. When room lights are off and the tent is closed with the light on, I can see light in the zippers. The tent sits in front of my glass front door that gets lights up the tent. I have spilled water and had it leak out the tent, even using the provided extra liner. The zipper pulls have all broken off.
    All that said, I have not had an issue with light leaking in. Looking at it, you can't tell where the foil is coming off. The zipper pulls were replaced with bonsai wire.
    Point is, you don't have to spend a lot for something that will do the job.
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Gjourney101
      Gjourney101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Took me for a trip there man, well spoken 🤣

A lot of companies have complete kits with everything you need at a very attractive price, Mars Hydro has one that is only about $550 but it is smaller than you desire. Mars, Spider Farmer, and others offer these in a variety of sizes.
    Current Grow: 1 GG4, 2 Hot Cakes, 1 Sweet Gelato Autos
    3 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG, looks like we are doing the same thing today...

Rule of thumb, about 50% of budget should be in the light, good results have been obtained with Spider Farmer, there are many good lights out there. Stay away from the cheap knock off lights. Consider a 5x5 instead of a 4x4, much more room and about the same cost. Go with a cheap tent and don't be concerned with having to replace it after many years, they are expendable. pH papers will do the job at minimal cost and no calibration issues. GH trio is tried and true, and inexpensive.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I'd be going with an 80" +, preferably 94" if it fits, high tent rather than a 6' one if I were flowering in it. If you can't get the height wise consider a 5x5 to stretch them out.

As the others have said. Quite a few different tent packages and custom builds available. Go with a bar style light if the budget reaches.

You can get a PC60 from Apera at their Amazon shop. Measures EC quite accurately and pH of course. Im not comfortable using paper + my nutes have color and not sure how that goes. Don't forget the calibration fluid and storage fluid. Yes it's a decent investment but you'll be really connected to what's going on with your plants and fine tune your grow to get great results
      Last edited by Bluey; 06-06-2024, 12:27 PM.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X