Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What causes an early turn to orange in pistils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What causes an early turn to orange in pistils?

Hello. I encounter this problem often. In every a couple of growing some plant's pistils turning to orange colour very early I believe. Accordingly, harvest time comes early too with this plants and they cannot make big buds. Right now I got three plants which is all of those are different fast flowering photoperiod types. They growed very well and developed very thick branches after some trainings. A couple of weeks ago I changed the light duration from 18 hours to 12 in two weeks time. I mean day by day I lowered the light time to 12 hours in a day. After two weeks in 12 hours period they started to become orange fastly. Its insanely early because I was expecting at least one more month to enter that period. I made very succesfull growings before with this setup. I use 500W leds for 1.5 m2 field. This symptom is more common in tall plants. It maybe because of they are getting close to the light. If so I dont have other chance because lights are already on toppest point.How you guys dealing with this? I also dim the lights a little bit so I can make them relax probaby it was working around %80 powered. But it doesnt look like its fixing the problem. What can I do to slow down the process and allow the flowers to grow?

My experience, stress.

I also think a lack of light can also bring it on.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      1.5 M² is 16 sq/ft. Comparable to a 4' x 4' tent. 16sq/ft x 35w = 560w. That's the amount of watts your light needs to be able to provide adequate PPFD to your plants. Your light is fine. As Bluey said. It may be that it's too intense/close.

Do you have a way to measure the amount of light hitting your plants? If not download a free light meter like Photone for Iphone or Tent Buddy for Android. This will give you a way of getting a rough idea of how much light your plants are getting so that you don't have to guess.

After you do that read up on what DLI(Daily Light Integral) is and how it can help you position your light and adjust it to the correct PPFD for the stage your plant is in,

The daily light integral (DLI) specifies the usable light received within a 24 hour window. Understanding and optimizing DLI is crucial for healthy plants and bountiful plant yield.

Anything can kill pistils, something touching the pistil like other leaves, even too much air flow, anything sprayed over, heat and light. It doesn't matter if they die and turn orange, new ones will replace them. Don't mind them pistils

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X