Weird growth/browning leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Weird growth/browning leaves

I have 3 plants they are all having weird new growth.and yellowing a browning of the leaves browning looks like calcium deficiency but the weird growth has me stumped it’s twisting and leaves a weirdly shaped.

This is the GWE forum. A picture is worth a thousand words to a grower. There are plenty of guidelines in the GWE website to solve any issues that may arise. This is the forum for growers that have already read all the information that it has to offer.

Comment

We need much more info. Follow the lnk at the top of this page "Plant Problems"
      Try this on and see IF it matches or is close to what you see
      Beet Curly Top Virus (BCTV) is a cannabis plant disease that may cause curling, twisting leaves, yellowing, and stunting. Often spread by leafhoppers.

Welcome to GWE

Comment

These are a couple of pictures of what’s going on . Thought of it as a deficiency at first but not really thinking that now . Also I’ve looked all over and haven’t been able to find any close to what they looked like from what I Read the yellowing and brown spots are a magnesium or possibly calcium. deficiency . Things currently look a lot better then before I haven’t done anything different didn’t want to till I figured out what exactly was wrong didn’t want to make. It worse

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Also What is the temps and RH, I see some of what looks to be heat stress, and maybe bugs. Take 30X zoom (or greater) and look them over, paying attention to the under side of the leaves. Strain is of importance as well, some of the weird could be genetics.

• No3odiesShad0w
          No3odiesShad0w commented
          Editing a comment
          Woah that's gnarly looking. Especially pic 1. Pic 2 looks like the plant has been in really poor temp/humidity. 3.0kPa VPD or crazier. That or there's some craziness going on at the root zone with pH and temp. Lastly it could be curly beet virus or even latent hops virus I've been hearing about lately. I just never seen leaves like that before.

I'm not sure but have a read of this

Discover how to finally beat root rot (brown or slimy roots) for good! The secret to curing and prevention is a supplement with a particular type of bacteria!

Second pic looks like russet mites to me. I think those yellow dots are symptomatic of that, but it's not up close enough tp tell what it is really
        Last edited by Bluey; 05-29-2024, 08:45 AM.
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
        Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
        Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

These are pics of Berryfreak and Freakshow, notice the weird leaf shapes. A cross between these freaks and a normal plant will give heavy saw-tooth edges on the leaflets, and other abnormal growth for a couple of generations.

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            Now I have to grow some of those. Is that trait seed available or something you have to hunt for like a nice little recessed trait?

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm still convinced those are just carrot tops 🤣

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Put Freakshow into your fav search engine, Humboldt has them as do many others
            Introducing the Freakshow, a truly one-of-a-kind cannabis cultivar that is sure to impress even the most seasoned smokers. This is a very small batch of Freakshow F-7 seeds made from Shapeshifter's choice selections. To learn the full extent of the breeding history of freakshow please check out www.freakshowcannabis.com Appearance: This super rare and unique mutation that doesnt resemble Cannabis leaves making it a fascinating addition to any collection. The leaf morphology differs between phenotypes, with some resembling ferns, tomatoes, marigolds etc. Beautiful buds that will surely get covered in trichomes. Lots of stigmas (hairs) will be seen in early flowering stages. Smell: Primarily high in pinene. Pine, lemon, lime with some phenotypes occasionally throwing off tropical fruit smells Flowering Time: 65-75 days or mid October outdoors Effect: Extremely eurphoric, energy boosting, creativity enhancing Don't miss your chance to try the Freakshow strain - it's a cultivar that anyone would have fun growing and smoking.

Freakshow is a mutant . Instead of Cannabis Sativa or Cannabis Indica. Freakshow is Cannabis Monstra. I've found limited grow info about this strain so I'm going to be documenting growing it out. Germinated in Yates seed raising mix in paper solo cups, top dressed with sand . Currently...

Is it my long-term drug consumption or do I need to dust off my TV. The second picture looks lousy with WPM
          WWED?

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't see it..Your TV deserves a clean

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            TV cleaned. Still seeing some green-gray leaves. Really, the whole plant looks pathogenic.
            I haven't dabbed, this morning. Maybe that's it. I don't think so, but maybe.

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            I've just had two hours ago my first joint of the autos I last grew and feeling good.

Temps are 70 maybe 75 and they have grow like that from the very start. Tango kush. And that’s what I thought was heat stress but my lights are leds was sitting at like 14 inch’s away. Again like I said the funny growth has been present since it sprouted . I also have what I was told was Micheal Jordan strain . It’s also don’t this from the start

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            My LED calls for at least 18" (@100%) from the plants, I know that not all are the same, however it could help to raise it a bit. Stick your arm in there at top of the canopy, tender side up, is it uncomfortable (hot) for you?

No it’s not even warm really I only have one under it as a mother plant. And I believe it was fox farm soil or happy frog I don’t remember and I used fox farm liquid nutrients . Would feed every other time or every two times. And what’s RH I know iv seen it but I’m trying to absorb everything it’s all a lot to take in at once.. especially with nutrients and getting that right so it’s not to much or not enough

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            RH is Relative Humidity

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
          These are pics of Berryfreak and Freakshow, notice the weird leaf shapes. A cross between these freaks and a normal plant will give heavy saw-tooth edges on the leaflets, and other abnormal growth for a couple of generations.
          I stand corrected......😍 My word that is a beauty..... Who can I give my money to??? 🤣🤣
          Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:

🪴 Sweet Zombie (Blimburn) *autoflower
          🪴 Acapulco Gold (B/W Label NASC) *autoflower
          🪴 Bloody Runtz (Going2fast) *autoflower
          🪴 Hot Cakes (Going2fast)*autoflower
          🪴 Pound Town (Humboldt Seed Co)*autoflower
          🪴 Cherry Pie (B/W Label NASC)*autoflower
          🪴 Blue Dream (Blimburn)*photo

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
          🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Enoki 3x, Blue Oyster 2x, Pink Oyster 2x, Hen of the woods 1x, Panellus Stipticus(bioluminescent) 1x,

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            They're not in stock but I signed up to get notified. I love weirdos

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I got mine from an individual, but many sale them, a couple of links above.

• No3odiesShad0w
            No3odiesShad0w commented
            Editing a comment
            Rwise I emailed Hi-Elevation to notify me when it's in stock. I'll check the other links in the mean time. Thanks. 👍 IDK when I would even get a chance to squeeze it in but man... Totally photo worthy and would probably make awesome time lapse.
            Another that's photo worthy is the Night Terror OG by Rare Dankness.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X