Beginner grower what is the best soil mix to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner grower what is the best soil mix to use

I'm a beginner grower and was interested in what is the best soil mix to use on my clones?

No such thing as 'best.' A rooted clone will do well in whatever you put it in, as long as you use the medium as directed.
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Jcoffin : Fox Farms Ocean Forest is the best soil for growing Cannabis , I haven't had no problems at all, it seems to keep moisture in the soil very well with good slow drainage, for my Nutrients I really
      like General hydroponics trio , with NO issues at all , a 1.5 cubic foot big bag will cost $ 33.00
      definitely worth the money .
      ​​​​

Comment

SoOrbudgal : last year my Ol lady hunted this very same deer for a month every morning and into the late evening hours bow hunting with her 65lb Hoyt compound bow 🏹 , shot at him on 3 times within that month on different occasions, today she was bringing some groceries home, AND BAMM he found her , she's doing very well, thank God she didn't get hurt , that woman can sure bring the groceries home !!! We had deer loin for dinner tonight

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad she was not injured cause i used to see this almost daily driving the hwy into the city when i was working. Every day i'd almost see 2-3 deer in a 15mile stretch i drove laying on the side of the road. I've come into contact 3x in 30yrs i lived out there. We would tell our kids try not to suerve cause they are going 60mi hr driving a open hwy and loosing control if they did that.

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          Grilled venison loin, yum yum.

My first few outdoor grows, the ones in pots, I used a tomato plant potting mix. It worked, but not as good as well composted soil in garden beds.

For indoors I went straight to 100% coco for photoperiods and mixed in some perlite when I did some autos. I couldn't be happier with coco and liquid nutes on a perpetual grow setup atm and my 4th grow with 5th grow in two veg cupboards. Coco rocks and after a few grows you should be nailing some great produce and drying and curing to have some of the best weed in town.

Note. Having grown in soil and coco the same strains from the same seed stock my experience to date is the flavours are more pronounced and complex in soil grows, much more preferable, but my current flower room has three different cultivars growing without a problem yet and the healthiest grow to date so more testing required
        Last edited by Bluey; 05-21-2024, 02:34 AM.
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
        Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
        Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Miracle grow organics is all I use. Much cheaper than the boutique brands and ph is remarkably consistent.
          keeping it green with the soil thing
          love me some frosty autos
          braap
          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

DNC Water Only. Start with that. No need for nutes all the way to flower. This what I recommend for a beginner. Concentrate on proper watering, light levels, and environment first. The basics. Get couple grows in then start messing with nutrients and supplements. It will be one less thing to stress about especially when you are a beginner. Learn from the plant.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X