Did I do that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Did I do that?

Nice healthy looking outdoor plants. Sort of basic setup, soil, perlite, a touch of mild solution miracle grow now and then. Three days ago, looked absolutely fine. Rigorous growth, huge fan leaves, vibrant green color.

The only thing that I can think of is I hit them with a prophylactic dose of Garden Safe™ Insecticidal Soap. It was because my Hibiscus plant which sits a few yards outside the grow area was showing signs of aphids of some sort, and I wanted to make sure my ladies didn't contract any nymphs that I couldn't see. I applied it in the morning on a day that was overcast/rainy so the sun wouldn't fry them with a new substance on it. But now I'm thinking that these plants are a bit too sensitive to this chemical.

Not all the branch tips look like this, and as far as I can tell the new growth on top looks fine so far. Just wondering, has anyone else encountered this problem with this type of insect killer?

I'm a big doofus, right? How can I be so dumb... etc etc. Some validation on my suspicions would help me get over this traumatic experience. Honestly, I've hit them before with this brand and this didn't happen, so I don't feel totally moronic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240519_160655.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	622597 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240519_160747.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	622601 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240519_160758.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	622599 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240519_160820.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	622598
    Attached Files

I need you to be a little harder on yourself. This cannot be unpunished.
    That was not you. That was/is bug or a mutation. If you don't see bugs, it is a mutation. If you see bugs, it is bugs. It will grow but what grows will be very stunted.
    Hibyscus plants in my area are whitefly and aphid magnets. Spraying one plant can lead to bugs jumping to other plants so keep your dope away. Also keep your dope away from plants your are poisoning.
    If you want to get rid of whitefly and aphid from your property, have your neighbors plant Hibyscus and get rid of yours.
    Feel worse about yourself?
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• User420111
      User420111 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe I am feeling the appropriate amount of shame and self-hatred. Thank you. I must get my magnifying glass and look closer and see if I do indeed have a bug problem or if this is just the results of weird genetics. But if it were a bug problem, why did it START when I treated the plants with insect killer?

Now... where can I put this hibiscus bush on my neighbor's property so they won't notice it....

Read this and compare it to yours
    Beet Curly Top Virus (BCTV) is a cannabis plant disease that may cause curling, twisting leaves, yellowing, and stunting. Often spread by leafhoppers.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      A difference I see is the bumpy/crinkling/texturing leaves on User's. Smoothe on CTV, bumpy on User's. Odd shape but smoothe.

• User420111
      User420111 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, damnit. Going to have to do some more research.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I have had 1 plant that I think had BCTV, everything was twisting, leaves limbs, I ended up pulling it and burning it. Anyway it is food for thought.

I've had my share of problems;I listen to what folks suggest and think about it, then start reading everything I can find and think about it some more. [ Being 72 yrs.old I'm a little slow!] At least get a Jewelers loupe, I got a Wesley',$15, love it. My last problem turned out to be broad mites, I used 'Earth's Ally 3 in 1', and it worked. Plants back on track. I wish you good luck!!

Comment

• User420111
      User420111 commented
      Editing a comment
      I used a loupe for a while but found that a microscope with at least a 100x definition is what you really want. I mean, I can get it all the way up to 800x and peer right into the heart of a single trichome. They are trippy!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X