Question of timing and size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question of timing and size

Her name is Aroura, NorthenLights auto from seed supreme.
    she rose from the dirt on Apr30, and today I took this pic. I am not 100% on if she is 7,8,or 9 days old. (Birthdays are sometimes important)
    I am growing in super soil mixed with FFOF, and used Happy Frog for her sprout house. I know it’s early, but how does she look for this first timer. I realize there is a mound around her stem, she got leggy and I buried her a bit. Just curious if I am ok.

You're Fine!
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Puts a smile on my face, thank you

Comment

Looks great to me too
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
        Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
        Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Thanks, I am finding the hardest part is trying to leave her alone. Lol

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep she looks good and normal for under 10days above the soil.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep she looks good and normal for under 10days above the soil.

Great, helps getting opinions since I have no comparative experience

Comment

Here's the scoop. Because of insufficient lighting your seedling released a hormone causing rapid elongation of the cells in the stem in order to get closer to the light source. The plant did this at a cost to root and node development, about three days worth in your case. No big deal if you get back on track. It's healthy, you've given it support and hopefully increased lighting and added air circulation. You'll know if it gets back on track because it will produce a new node every 4 days. Good growing to you.

Comment

Looks great. By the way, for a first time the best thing you can do for your future knowledge is take a photo of your plant every single day, from seedling to harvest. That way next time when you're asking yourself, is that normal, you can just go back through your archives and compare. I've done this with six crops so far and it's amazing the things you can learn about size, how the plants react to trimming, the final height from certain starting points, how nutrients affect the grow, etc, etc.

Happy growing!

Comment

• Sixwinds
                Sixwinds commented
                Editing a comment
                Really good tip!

• Ckbrew
                Ckbrew commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with the daily pix, and that combined with a spread sheet grow log to gauge and compare where in the grow cycle you are is very helpful.

Quirk, yea, I realized that, I had my light SF1000 turned too dim. Definitely keeping a better eye on it now.

User420111, actually, I do take a daily shot around 6:30 am after my light has been on about half hour. For that same reason you suggested

Comment

Since she popped overnight between the 30th and 1st, not sure if she is 13 or 14 days old. But I think she still ok,
                Northern Lights AutoClick image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9048.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.91 MB ID:	622090
                Last edited by Felkamlor; 05-14-2024, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yes she looks like a 2wk old auto. Are you just gonna let it go natural or do any training?

SoOrbudgal, I might top it, not 100%on that idea, definitely gonna do some LST though. I am new and nervous of of course

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X