Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever used Grow Dots?

Good morning,
    I'm just wrapping up my first grow. Probably chop the plant today or tomorrow. It did turn out excellent for a first time. On my next Grow, I'm considering Grow Dots and not mess with all the bottled nutrients. The advertising on that makes it look great. Has anyone ever tried that and how well does it work?

HobbitGDF has. If you use the above search bar you can find his grows using them
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Never heard of them before, personally my experience with using the same nutrients through the full grow has never been good. i like to play mad scientist with nutrients and supplements though so that would bore me. Kind soil is supposed to be good for autos, just add water and step back. I question the "Perfect for Indoor and Auto-Flowers" comment in the advertisement. Does that mean they run out of nutrients if you keep a photo period in veg longer than 3 weeks? Anyway let us know how it goes ​

Comment

The claim is that the different nutes are released cycles that are supposed to match the plant grow cycle. Idk if it works, kind of expensive. If it does work, I can see how it might help someone who is nute mixing challenged but still wants to grow in coco.
        Last edited by Ckbrew; 05-03-2024, 05:42 PM.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I've grown one whole grow using them 7 plants in a 4x4. It was perfect. Water only. Add recharge every 7-10 days. One of the healthier and easiest grow I've done. I'm sold on them.
          4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
          1x Slapz
          1x Quikz
          1x flo-see
          2x 2B blunt
          1x persian pie

Comment

HobbitGDF- did you grow photos or autos?
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• SD61
              SD61 commented
              Editing a comment
              I grew photos. I just harvested yesterday and I do believe they turned out excellent. I find out for sure after drying and curing but they look beautiful.

• HobbitGDF
              HobbitGDF commented
              Editing a comment
              Photos. And it worked amazing.

Originally posted by Ckbrew View Post
            HobbitGDF- did you grow photos or autos?
            And how many weeks was veg and flower?
            How was your yield and quality of buds?

Comment

• SD61
              SD61 commented
              Editing a comment
              I had 6 weeks of veg and 9 weeks of flower

• HobbitGDF
              HobbitGDF commented
              Editing a comment
              4-5wks veg and 10wks flower. Quality is 100%. Yield was good too. I like growdots and recharge enough I bought it again.

• Allenpro
              Allenpro commented
              Editing a comment
              That is my question, how does it know if your growing a Photoperiod or Autoflower, Sativa or Indica? I may be a bit of a control freak though

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X