Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this plant male or female?

First post so be patient with me.
    i have to assume these two are males and have to be pulled from the herd, but since it's my first grow just want to confirm.
    (BTW Nebula - absolutely love the web site. Incredibly helpful. )

Originally posted by Newf View Post
    First post so be patient with me.
    i have to assume these two are males and have to be pulled from the herd, but since it's my first grow just want to confirm.
    (BTW Nebula - absolutely love the web site. Incredibly helpful. )
    Looks like males to me-if you don't see any signs of pistals poking out anywhere then I'd cut them.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Yes, unfortunately I have to agree they are male

Comment

I thought so, it's just tough after so many weeks of encouraging them to grow. At least the others will have more room now and I can start new seeds for every plant I take away (got to keep it 12 or under in Massachusetts.) Next grow will be for mother plants to take clones from. Thanks again for all the great help.

Comment

Fortunately no more males. Just thought I would show you a few updated pics.

Comment

Just another update. First grow. Mango Skunk and Rasperry Cough from Nirvana in Fox Farms Ocean soil. Fox Farm nutes under a 600w HPS. Getting close. What do you think another 2 to 3 weeks? Time to add molasses?

Comment

Looking good! I'd guess another week or two before the two-week flush! They're getting there but they look like they're still getting bigger! When they're getting close all the white pistils will start to darken and curl in. Since the pistils are still mostly white and sticking straight out, you know you have a little while left to go, but the good news is they're still going to gain a lot of weight

Comment

Thanks again.

Comment

Comment

I am starting to flush now for the genetics (other 4 random seed plants from Nirvana still not even close at 7 weeks of 12/12) Above I hope you can see the magnified picture of the trichomes. I count about 60%+ cloudy at this point.

Comment

Comment

They've definitely developed quite a bit in the last 1-2 weeks, though still lots of white hairs left! It's tough to say with the trichomes from these pics. Is it possible to take a picture of the trichomes on the buds instead of the sugar leaves, and if possible in natural light? I think I can see several clear ones, but it's hard to tell with the yellow light. One thing for sure is that your buds look like they've put on quite a bit of weight since the last update!

Comment

Thanks. The genetics are really dense. Getting clear micro pics is a bit hard with my tiny scope and iPhone but here are a few more pics in regular light.

Comment

Those are great pics! Your buds look beautiful, but I think they still have a few weeks to go, just because there seems to be a lot of white hairs and clear trichomes left. I looked up Mango Skunk and Raspberry Cough on Nirvana's website and they estimate that those strains each need 9-11 weeks of flowering before they're ready to harvest. How long have they been flowering so far?

I bet it smells great in there!

Comment

• Newf
                              Newf commented
                              Editing a comment
                              A little over 7 weeks now. The smell is amazing. It used to be the mango skunk with a strong skunk smell but now the raspberry is dominating with a really pleasant fruity smell. I think you are right and I am just over anxious. I will try to be more patient.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X