Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeroponic Clones & Transfering to Coco. Advise sort.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Aeroponic Clones & Transfering to Coco. Advise sort.

About day 17 or so.

4 of the 5 clones have rooted so far and I need to transfer to a coco medium, especially the most advanced, if I dont Ill need to start cutting roots back.

Current setup is bloom nutes with EC 0.4 pH 5.7/8 and rising quickly 22⁰C nute mix.

Does anyone have any tips on how best to transplant to coco? Lots of perlite in the root area? Maybe I'll give the coco a flush with some bloom nutes 0.4 EC?

I haven't done this before so any advice from those that have will be gold for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240414_193115.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	619555 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240414_193041.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	619556
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

This isn't gonna sound like " Sunday talk " but are you asking how to ? Well..........i would dig out a large hole in moist soil medium with the mix your using put a solo cup in the dug out hole make a mold. I'd circle the long roots like a dairy queen icecream cone and lightly fill it in don't tap it down much. Is that what your asking?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. It's going in coco straight into final pot I was hoping. I will follow those placement instructions. I've just dropped the nutes in the bucket back to EC 0.3 as I thought 0.4 was a bit much for them. Very dark end leaf color.

I

I love cloning with a aeroponic setup, they are so easy to make and I cant remember ever having one fail

Comment

Hey Bluey, I,m guessing your going straight to main pots(3,5,7gal)? I just fill the bags and press Damp coco into the bags gently so its packed firmly enough that it doesn't wanna sink too much. Dig out a hole big enough that i can get those roots and tap in without any chance of damage. Also fluff up the surrounding area in the hole. If the tap needs extra space i dig that out too. Hold your clone in the hole and gradually sprinkle the coco to cover roots. I dont do much if any packing until the hole is filled. then maybe a light pressure to make sure shes standing up straight and sturdy. I dont know if you reuse your coco but i do. So i just use pH/cal/mag water for the first week or so, then gradually start very light nutes until she settles into her big house.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
      Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
      Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        7 gal pots as I think they should fit a couple in each of my 4x2 areas + a cloning bucket in each. That should do.

Stuff em in a hole.
      Space for Rent.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok. I'm practising my hole technique

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X