I can't find the solution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't find the solution!

I've been trying to figure this problem out for a while. At first I thought too much water. Re potted, remixed soil with added purlite. Soil is damp. At first leaves started cupping and now they are humped and turning down.???
    SOLUTION FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BROAD MITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by shadycon; 04-26-2024, 02:14 PM.

Not 100% but I'd be guessing low RH causing too much water and nute uptake.

Edit. pH in the soil may also be out of range and maybe too low but Id focus on environment water and nutes if you're using them.
    Last edited by Bluey; 04-12-2024, 12:01 PM.
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• shadycon
      shadycon commented
      Editing a comment
      Ph good,soil and water.Low on nutes at first and now only very little water..

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      So what it the temp and RH? How often are you watering and how much?

• shadycon
      shadycon commented
      Editing a comment
      Temp is 70*+/- Rh is 60-65

Still trying to figure this out! 185 w light,24"s away on older plants. 36"s away on younger plants.Soil is damp, only watering around edge of pot, Very little. Small amount of 6-4-4 once a week. watering lightly with no runoff. Temp. 60*-75*+/-.12" wall fan. rh 40-65%. AC infinity T7, set at 60%. 8' x 12' room. Plain potting soil remixed with extra purlite.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm leaning more towards some sort of systemic issue. Overwater would be the most obvious. Is the potting soil sterilized? No grubs nibbling on roots?

Sounds like you have enough aeration in the soil with the added perlite.

Like Bluey mentioned, it could be the day/night temp differential. Can you raise the temp in the greenhouse at night?

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Overwater was my first guess. If humidity is high and cold temps of a night maybe twice a week is overwatering.

• shadycon
      shadycon commented
      Editing a comment
      This started before I moved them out of the house where I had 70*- 80* temp and 50+/- RH. When it was going to be colder than 50* I was using a oil heater keeping temps above 60*. Now night time temps around 65*-70* in the hot house. Still playing with the humidifier to get the best coverage. Bluey;I live it the mts., piss poor cell phone service, so i'm not paying there HIGH prices. I use an old fashion PC. Besides I'm low tech. Modern tech is to complicated for this old fart! Thanks for all the suggestions and I'll keep experimenting until I figure it out.........................

Could be BCTV, take a look at this link, follow the link there for "curling or clawing leaves"
    Use our cannabis growing problem pictures and interactive plant doctor tool to quickly diagnose your sick marijuana plants! Click the pictures below to learn about a marijuana problem, deficiency or symptom & get the solution! Still having trouble? Consult our 5-Step Remedy to 99% of Cannabis Growing Problems​​. Click here to see ALL cannabis plant...
    Last edited by Rwise; 04-16-2024, 05:03 AM.

Comment

• shadycon
      shadycon commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been reading this section for over 2 weeks................................

My opinion only, but you over pruned and whatever damage was done to the leaves is not reversible. It looks like the next set are coming out healthy. I'd let it go a bit longer and see if it recovers. No pruning at all until another three or four sets are fully emerged and gathering light.

Comment

This my 'Va. Mtn. Weed' plant. Same soil, same watering and nutes, Same growing conditions. This is what makes this hard to figure out!......
      Attached Files

Comment

The reason I mention BCTV is I think I had a plant with it, pulled it and burned it at the stake. The deformities on mine were much worse, even the stems were twisted.

Comment

• shadycon
          shadycon commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you but I don't think so. Does not match the pictures posted. No yellowing and the leaves start normally.. If I push my finger deep into soil near the stem and it is damp, not wet. I water around the edges of the pot as recommended.

Russet mites, microscopic, almost invisible with a loupe but I'm just guessing with the far away, blurry pics. Reminds me of a past post with the same look.

Gnat larva chewing on Roots can do the same, got/had gnats and by chance been spraying with neem? Kinda looks like what that crap does when sprayed.
        Space for Rent.

Comment

• shadycon
          shadycon commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Mr. Furley; The picture on 'Plant problems' was deceiving as I did not see any infestation. The symptoms seem to fit my problem. No I have not sprayed with anything yet. Time to start. So far I have sprinkled some Diatomaceous earth on and around the plants. 'l spray next with Neem oil and insecticide soap and see what happens..... I'm experimenting with peppermint plants, I have 3 mixed in with the plants.

PROBLEM FOUND..............BROAD MITES............................................

Comment

Problem solved

Comment

• shadycon
            shadycon commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for your suggestion. Right now I'm using Neem and alternating with 'Earth Ally' 3 in 1 spray.Thyme/rosemary/clove/peppermint oils.......Wish me luck................GK

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not a fan of Neem.
            Mites are a bugger(pun intended) to handle and what I have found that works is
            Mighty wash ( pyrethren base ) followed a week later with spinosad (systemic) with a repeat of mighty wash in the third week then watch for re infections and repeat if needed. you got to drench them plants top and bottom... dripping wet with lights out afterwards andclean everything in the room.

You can also invert the plant into a tub of soapy water for a duration which will drown the bugs, you must spray the plant with a hose before and after to remove the eggs.

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            Soapy water on these plants for pests has been my go to now for longer than I can remember and it hasn't failed me yet but I think I've been fortunate with pests too.

Azamax should take care of that.

Comment

• shadycon
            shadycon commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks all for the ideas. My poor plants are improving, new leaves are not curling or clawing. I even ran some Earth Ally in my humidifier [AC T 7 ] Room smells nice!!!!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X