Grow Cabinet Or Tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow Cabinet Or Tent?

I have been growing in a cabinet equipped with all ventilation equipment, hydroponic system very good 300 watt light with intensity adjustment carbon filters. My harvests have been just ok but very potent. I grow mostly auto flower strains but have photo strains waiting to be germinated. I really like this cabinet and it makes everything so easy. The space is 24x36x72 which allows you to grow taller strains without LST, however LST is desired for larger harvest. This all sounds wonderful and it is if you really pay attention to what is going on, temps will soar and humidity will change very quickly if you don't pay attention. In summer months extra fans needed to help cool things down to proper temps. The water must be checked daily for PH and levels, during flowering especially as they drink a lot of water. In very hot and dry months I have to open the doors to the cabinet to keep the temp from soaring because the big light gets pretty warm at times. Now all this seems a lot of trouble but it isn't really at least not as much soil inside or out side grow, then you contend with pests and weather and feeding and watering have to be right on point. In the cabinet there are no pests and you control the weather. Also you don't have to work with soil with hydroponic grow, now I am not knocking soil growing ,some beautiful grows come from this method. I used to grow in soil for a lot of years and it is also something you really have to watch closely. I tried hydroponics and have not looked back. It is so clean and easy you just have to keep an eye out for what is happening. My hat is off to you folks that grow indoors in soil it is very hard to do if you don't keep a close watch and it is not as clean to fool with indoors. I am convinced that hydroponics is the best way to grow indoors weather you have a cabinet or tent.
    How do you folks like hydroponics or would you prefer soil?

Soil...........

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto on the soil

When I first started growing I built my own wooden grow box about the same size as your cabinet. It worked ok but as you have said controlling the environment was a nightmare. Seemed I was constantly fiddling with the setup chasing temp and humidity. Finally broke down and bought a grow tent a couple of years ago and it is so much easier to control environment because of the breathable fabric. Wish I had bought one when I started growing. I grow in soil and coco indoors and love it but thinking of doing a hydro grow in the future just for the experience. Maybe next winter when the busy outdoor season is over.

Comment

For me it's soil outdoors for its ease of management and hydro indoors for yields and it does have some management benefits too
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Indoor- hydro, coco/perlite is the way to go. DWC is also an option. You will get different opinions, do what works for you.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X