No announcement yet.

1st time grower. Hi all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok that was my plan since I didn't understand the light meter readings so I lowered the power to 45% temps are at 76 degrees and humidity is right about the same at 76 percent

Comment

Thank. Yo so much you have no idea how much I appreciate the help!!! Still just using straight water at 6.6 pH. Should I stop wait until week 6 to start introducing nutes?

Comment

• JimH
        JimH commented
        Editing a comment
        That should say still wait until week 5

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        I would start tapering up your feed schedule around week 4. 1/4 strength the first couple feeds then bump it up to 1/2 strength after a couple of weeks. Most of the prepped soils seem to run out of nutrition around week 5. No sense in letting the plant go deficient before you start feeding it. Better to start amending in fertilizer as the soil is depleting its own so that the plant doesn't stress or stunt.

Thinking about getting this. Is this thing a good idea or no?

Comment

• o0644
        o0644 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have them. They do work ok, though I've only grown 2 plants total so far, Allows not having to vacuum/remove runoff every time. I still water from the top, just less (until it gets heavy/starts dripping a bit, then I fill the base with 4L), and it allows me to extend the interval between waterings a bit. I don't even use the float reservoir meter. But now I think it'd be a better idea to save the money and just do hydro. Like https://www.growweedeasy.com/high-yi...nics-technique
        Last edited by o0644; 04-22-2024, 07:02 PM.

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm currently growing with them and they're okay. The fabric pots drying all around and then the slow uptake with wicking might be overkill. Honestly I think it's the peat. If I had used Coco as the base substrate, I probably wouldn't have those dry pockets. The Earth boxes work much better when it comes to wicking pots. I've had much better results using those. Though I will be giving these bases another go in the fall; this time with Coco instead of peat.

Just gotta keep on experimenting until you find the style of growing that works best for you!

• JimH
        JimH commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks I appreciate it. I may try it on my next grow but since I tried to cheap out in the beginning of my grow I've ended up buying 2 of everything so I think I've spent enough on this grow for now 🤣

10 days since sprouting

Comment

So my plant has gotten much bigger over the past few days I have been just keeping the soil damp by watering every 3 days but today the soil was very dry and it's been 3 days since I last dampened the soil so since she has gotten much bigger I thought she needed more water so I watered until runoff the water going in is tap water that's been sitting out for at least 5 days and pH was 6.6 going in but runoff was just over 5 is that ok?

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Regarding runoff in soil. I don't recommend it unless you are giving them nutes or need to runoff a bit to reduce a too hot soil.

Giving a soil grow runoff washes out the nitrates that are in the soil that the plant needs. A small pot like yours can not recover those through natural soil function as required by a growing plant.

2 weeks old today and she seems happy

Comment

Adding a new ac infinity cloudline 4 pro tomorrow along with a new spider farmer fan

Comment

• shadycon
            shadycon commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm using a AC I T7 and it works great........................

Looks like you are doing a great job! Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks and info here.

Did you figure out you light distance?
          SF 35X47X70 tent
          SF1000 X4
          AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
          AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
          FFOF Soil
          FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
          GH Flora Series
          3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
          Gelato Cake
          Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

Yes I've been talking to a few people and for the past few days I've had it at about 28inches and at 30% and she seems happy with that atm

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              Go down to 24" and then raise dimmer to 50% over a couple of days then slowly raise to 75%. Once they start to pray stop or back it off a fraction unless your nutes are dialled in.

Here is the new setup I'm really liking the automated exhaust system. I was having problems with old system just sucking the humidity right out and had to run it every couple hours to keep the humidity up and with the new Ac infinity system it's staying right around 60 -62% and about 73 degrees I want to try and bring the heat up a bit but don't want to make the light brighter yet so any suggestions would be nice I've been told a heat mat but also been told that could cause more problems then it's worth and that I should leave it where it is and it will be fine?

Comment

You have a great set up. And your temp and humidity are fine.

At 28 inches you can definitely turn that SF1000 to 100%. I run mine at 100% at 20 inches and have never had a problem.

Your off to a great start
              SF 35X47X70 tent
              SF1000 X4
              FFOF Soil
              FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
              GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
              Gelato Cake

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
                No3odiesShad0w commented
                Editing a comment
                I run my SF2000 at 100% with only 11 inches and I don't have any problems.... But I also keep CO2 levels at 600 or higher

What kind of floor is you tent on? My tent is in a basement. Sitting on a cold concrete floor. I put the tent on 1 1/2 inches of foam insulation board and it made a huge difference in keeping my tent warmer

I have temp problems sometimes when it get super cold in an Illinois winter.
              Last edited by Mollisol; 04-21-2024, 02:45 PM.
              SF 35X47X70 tent
              SF1000 X4
              FFOF Soil
              FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
              GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
              Gelato Cake

Comment

It's on a carpeted floor and I'm sure I'm going to run into some cold issues when winter comes back around being in northeast part of the country

Comment

• Mollisol
                  Mollisol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can also lay that foam board on the top of your tent. It makes a difference

• Rootsruler
                  Rootsruler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As long as you can raise your pots off the floor so that air flows underneath you should be OK other than if it snows or temps are super cold. AC Infinity just came out with a slick little heater that works with their controller.

You would think I would have thought of that since I installed that shit for 20+ years I was a window, siding and roof mechanic before I hurt my back and just couldn't do it anymore.🤣

Comment

• Mollisol
                  Mollisol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haha. Like putting a stocking cap on an old bald stoner! Hey! I resemble that remark!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X