1st time grower. Hi all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st time grower. Hi all

Hi all I just wanted to introduce myself I'm a 1st time grower. This is a gorilla glue auto flower in a top layer of fox farm happy frog with fox farm ocean forest underneath in a 3 gallon pot in a 2 x 2 x 4 tent the seed was planted 3 days ago I'm running the lights on a 18/6 schedule so far so good but luckily I have a good friend helping me out telling me to keep the temp around 75 degrees with a 40% humidity but it's nice to know I have this group to help me out if needed. Happy growing everyone!

Welcome.

Aim for 80%RH for seedlings (use a dome) 60 to 70%RH in veg and 50% in flower. If you get big buds then lower that a bit in late flower but not lower than 40% typically
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Hey thanks I appreciate any help I can get. I keep seeing these co2 generator bags and how good they are do you think I should be using them?

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        No. CO² supplementation requires a sealed room with AC. It's typically not worth it for the home grower. Focus on getting the environment right, with lighting and fertigation and you will get great results.

You'll get more CO² sitting in the room admiring your plants.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        One can make CO2 with water, sugar and yeast, if you brew wine or beer just vent that into your grow. But you exhale enuf for your plants.

Much appreciated thanks

Comment

I was told that by using Happy frog and ocean forest in layers I shouldn't need any other nutrients with auto flowers because the nutrients in the happy frog will be great for the seedling and eventually the roots will grow into the ocean forest so I just need to keep the pH levels in the water between 6.0 and 7.0 does that sound right or should I be adding some kind of other nutrients?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Just wait and see if it's needed. Generally nutes wash out after just watering and the plant you will learn will show yellowing beginning in the leaf. I've never used either of those soils i mix my own. I can't say how it will go once it starts blooming but that is a month away. If your floors are cold you want a riser under that pot and a drip pan to catch the fluids.

Thanks! I've already added a dome to raise the humidity and I will get a riser and drip pan under it right away. I really appreciate the info from everyone!

Comment

5 days old got the humidity up to 80% and temps between 75 and 80

Comment

Today makes her 1 week old and since this is my 1st ever grow I really don't know what she should look like at this point but I think she looks great but I'd love some experienced thoughts

Comment

• shadycon
              shadycon commented
              Editing a comment
              I add more soil around the stem to keep young plants from falling over.

Yes. It looks fine. Is that an indicated 46%RH sh0owing in the middle pic?
            Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
            Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
            Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
            Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
            Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
            Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• JimH
              JimH commented
              Editing a comment
              It is but that's because I had the tent open. I'm looking at live feed right now where it's at 78%

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              That's pretty cool.

I'd live to put cameras in my room but too many privacy concerns

I have everything set on smart plugs so I can control everything from my phone

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here but I've also automated everything

Hey so I'm using a growstar 150 watt led grow light right cause it was cheap and recommended by a friend but I'm doing some homework on it and I'm seeing it's great for seedlings but not so great for flowering plants so does anyone have some recommendations on a decent 1 preferably under $100 for my little 2x2x4 tent with only 1 plant? I may eventually try doing 2 in it but for my 1st time I wanted to start with 1 plant until I learn a little more. Thanks

Comment

Much appreciated!

Comment

Paid a additional $9 to get on Amazon prime so it will be here on. Sunday. Thanks again

Comment

• JimH
                JimH commented
                Editing a comment
                Set up the AC infinity cloudline pro this afternoon also and wow is much better then what I had before

I know you just ordered your light but I prefer the ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro. The SF 1000 is a good light but I prefer the more even spread of light the VS light puts out.

Seedlings are looking good. The soil moisture meter you have is junk IMO. I would use the light pot method to better determine when your plant needs to be watered. Proper watering practices are probably the biggest issue new growers tend to have.

This is a great tutorial on how to properly water your plants along with what is going on under the soil in relation to the pot size and dimension that you choose.

(3) Watering cannabis explained by Aqua Man | Bud Builders - Making Friends, Growing Cannabis

Comment

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                Probably a slightly better choice but a bit more expensive too

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                The Mars Hydro bar lights look pretty good and here, when on sale, are probably the best value for money atm Rootsruler impressive looking lights too. Getting good reviews

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X