Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloning directly into soil: Should I remove the domes once they are acclimated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Cloning directly into soil: Should I remove the domes once they are acclimated?

Hi all, novice here, tried to be somewhat descriptive in the topic but full scenario is like this:

Took cuts last Saturday. They wilted extremely quickly without a dome, so I kept dome on them, but removed it a few times per day to spray with super mild solution of water, stella maris (kelp), and aloe which they seemed to love. Fast forward and it's now Thursday, and they no longer appear to need the dome at all. I'm still spraying twice a day with the mixture I made and they are 100% full color, standing at full attention and look perfectly healthy.

My question is - do I leave the dome on them even though they seem to be climatized now?

Should I still be giving them that high humidity from the dome on the warming mat until day 14? (I heard it takes up to 2 weeks to root)

Lastly a related question - on which day would you officially move them into the 18/6 veg tent? They are just sitting on a heating pad near a windowsill so far

Thanks again !

Man i have seen this same post same question on 3 other grow sites just under a different name. Get your answer yet? Mine root in 10days never used a heat mat. After 6 days i leave the dome off for hours and keep spraying the foliage. When they root i leave it off and just keep it damp not sitting in water. I use tooth picks or kabob sticks to measure growth for myself. At a month old i'll turn the seedling lamp off for several hours and turn it back on. Some strains just root quicker than others. But i like to put them into soil after i see small protruding nodes of root. I don't let them get all tangled.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I dont know that there is a hard rule on that, I have cloned cuttings in solo cups with just water and I usually use an aero cloner and neither require a dome. I have also found if I use rock wool or rapid rooters they do better with a dome. The one thing I can say is a hard rule if you have open space for 2 clones and take a extra cutting to be safe, they will all root.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X