Over dried weed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over dried weed

Ok so I'm thinking. How exactly do you accurately explain how dry something is in words?

The buds weren't crumbly dry. But way dryer than what GWE would consider optimal for jaring'

I got them all jar'd up two days ago.

So I can try any number of rehydration methods Ive read about. Or let them cure and hope for the best.
    SF 35X47X70 tent
    SF1000 X4
    AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
    AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
    FFOF Soil
    FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
    GH Flora Series
    3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
    Gelato Cake
    Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Do you have a hygrometer in the jar? What's the RH inside?
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
    Autopot system
    : Malawai 100% Sativa Ace Seeds x 2
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Purple Haze/Malawi x 3/Ace Seeds Purple Haze x 1 ILGM
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• Mollisol
      Mollisol commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't. Pretty low tech.

An easy way to raise the RH and provide some moisture is sprtiz the underneath side of the your jar's lid. Thx to Mr.furley I use this method on a regular basis. Give your jar's lid a couple of sprays. Ex. If a jar gets down to 58 RH I will spritz 4 times, that brings the RH to 62 as measured by a hygrometer. I have one in each jar. Do you have an iPhone? You maybe able to see the RH inside your house with the Home app? Not sure about that though.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
    Autopot system
    : Malawai 100% Sativa Ace Seeds x 2
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Purple Haze/Malawi x 3/Ace Seeds Purple Haze x 1 ILGM
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      This is what I've done. Works well. I just mist the lid every day till I get the Rh I'm looking for. Usually 60 -62 for curing, and a little lower for storage. If the Rh in the jar is too low the curing pretty much stops.

Something I’ve done is to throw some big stems from the plant into the jar with the buds. I’ve tried the humidity packs but honestly thought the stems work better.

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never used the packs but know a few who have and it really does mess with the taste. Better off without.

• bdeegan
      bdeegan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I don’t like to use for the flavor and also I felt like the buds turned brown faster. The stems are definitely a more natural way to do it

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      I like @bdeegans method. Keeps the weed juice rehydrating rather than plain water.

When you squeeze the buds between your thumb and finger, properly dried they won't feel really scratchy and they will be pliable and spring back nicely, overdried more scratchy and less springy. Crumbly dry..well that's just a disaster.

You are best to rehydrate using the spray method mentioned but I wouldn't give too much as if it drips on your buds it may mould up and destroy your buds. Slow and steady is the go but be careful, RH can keep rising in the jars for 7 days after application.

You really do need those hygrometers sold by cigar oasis...the calibre 4 I think they are called, to drop in say one in 5 jars so you know what is going on. Get a few. They are the most accurate you will find and about 20 bucks each and can be used in your tent when not in your jars.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Thanks all! Good information and a place to start.
      SF 35X47X70 tent
      SF1000 X4
      FFOF Soil
      FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
      GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
      Gelato Cake

Comment

To re hydrate I just drop a couple of popcorn's off a growing plant or a piece of lettuce the size of your thumbnail in with em, no change of flavor with either one. Oh, Amazon will bring you a dozen hygrometers tomorrow for 20 bucks.
        Last edited by PRIMO; 03-12-2024, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMO View Post
          ................... Oh, Amazon will bring you a dozen hygrometers tomorrow for 20 bucks.
          With a dozen individual & unique readings to boot.

Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
          Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
          Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
          Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
          Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
          Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Bluey I lined em up 9 were the same the others a couple of % off. We are growing a weed, not building a lunar lander.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Im going try adding some fresh popcorn buds and maybe a little fresh trim. Or some combination of both.

SF 35X47X70 tent
            SF1000 X4
            FFOF Soil
            FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
            GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
            Gelato Cake

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X