Bud development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud development

I am now in the fifth week of flowering on three feminized White Widows. One of the three exhibits a very different phenotype. It is 7 inches shorter then the other two and its buds are developing quite differently. It has no well defined trichomes. I realize that flowering time can range from 8 to 10 weeks, but the absence of trichomes is perplexing. Has anyone experienced this and what could be the cause?

From the photos, it's way too early to worry. A lot early. Keep going!
    What I'm trying to say is, despite the 5 weeks in, it looks like the bud's development is far less than that. So as long as development doesn't stop, the trichs will follow along with overall bud structure.
    Last edited by WolfMansBrother; 03-09-2024, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I have grown the strain 3 times and have gotten runts in the litter before. Never ran into this gap in development though. Thus is the genetics of hybrids

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the crap al crap of a hybrid going right now like you it's a friggin dwarf of a photoperiod it's not pretty at all. Thank goodness i only had 2 seeds of it i won't buy it again. Now maybe the other seed would be a good one but this really soured me for growing it inside. I'm throwing it outside this summer to grow when time comes. WW x purple kush ya got me???

It is not uncommon to have vastly different phenotypes in the same batch of seeds. I've had 10" height differences. One ounce weight differences. Color in one but not the others. I got rid of a Cherry Kush grow a couple weeks before harvest. Real nice looking plants and flowers until you got up close and didn't see any trichomes or smell anything but a green weed plant.
      Keep doing what you are doing. Your plants otherwise look real healthy.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Tru dat Mr. Beardo

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X