Nutrients for Autopots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrients for Autopots

So I've been growing in autopots for years had a few problems over this time. But I research and work hard so I always get a good result. The problems ive had have always been resovoir related. Ive used allsorts of nutrient and additives brands but never used canna. I've decided to go as basic as I can believing that most of the things out there are bogus. So heres my plan. I'm going canna coco A + B, CX regenaroot, SHOGUN calmag and BUDDHAS TREE 18-19. Now I don't use airdomes in the pots or airstones in the rez and I dont want to. I do use a recirculatingpump in the rez. I've never used liquid oxygen either but I would like to. I keep reading that liquid oxygen will interact badly with organic nutrients. IS THIS TRUE? also ARE THE NUTRIENTS AND ADDITIVES IVE MENTIONED ORGANIC? and if so HOW COULD I ALTER MY PLANNED NUTRIENT LINE UP TO ALLOW ME TO USE LIQUID OXYGEN?
    Last edited by Gaz21; 03-07-2024, 12:54 AM.

Excellent question to which I have no answer. You are looking at an elite few who might go with a liquid O2 system. I wish you luck but I think it could require a lot of looking on your part if you’re looking for someone with a similar setup that includes organic nutrients, coco, auto or octa-pots AND liquid oxygen.

Best wishes ✌️
    p.s. - dm/pm me if you would like links that may help. They are not from GWE and not appropriate to post here.

Comment

Hello Gaz21 I've not heard of using liquid oxygen, sounds interesting. I grow in autopots. Love the system. I've used the air domes. Right now I'm not but prolly will again in the future. I don't use air stones either. The circulating pump in the rez runs for a few mins several times a day. I grow with CX Horticulture nutrients. CX is not organic. They are a mineral based nutrient. I can't speak for the others in your lineup.

How do you handle light creep into the rez? If I could figure out a way to keep the crud from building up in the reservoir it would make things easier.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

My rez is in a very dark cupboard that is situated next to my grow tent.

Comment

So it's this I want. But it will kill beneficial microorganism and bad ones but it will add oxygen to the root zone. Todays research done.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Allenpro
            Allenpro commented
            Editing a comment
            If it kills the beneficial microorganism I would stay away from it. I put a lot of effort and some $ into building a good culture so to enhance the terps. IMO nothing has more benefit to the plants than the good microorganisms so it would be a poor trade off.

Hey Gaz

Last grow I had an incompatibility problem with my nutes when I added a micro calmag liquid suppliment to the base nutes.

I use a tank setup also, no airstone, and it holds a weeks worth of feed using high frequency fertigation. I lost pH stability and found it would climb about 1pH in 5 days and the solution began to stink as if something was rotting in the tank.

Over the last few months I did quite a bit of testing different calmag solutions added to my nutes and tested the stability of the solutions pH and settled on my current one. It's working well.

You're not going to be able to test if liquid O² effects nute availability or even produces toxic outcomes but your nute manufacturer may be able to help..its pretty basic chemistry.
          Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
          Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
          Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
          Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
          Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X