To top or not to top debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To top or not to top debate

So one of my grower buddies thats been helping me out with the grow and has helped me with previous grows; whenever he has a chance to text back suggested to top it this week this upcoming Wednesday. I have anothther grower friend that suggested the same. But on this forum I’ve been told not to until it grows vigourously.

I’ve heard to top after the 5th node, or is possible to let her grow huge and then top, topping abit higher than the 5th node.

yesteday the pot was light and I fed her about 750 ml worth of water with a bit of floragro and thats it. Will be watering again when pot is light when you pick it up.

back to the question, how many of you say no topping, and wait?
    I’m inclining in waiting since she had a rough start. But two of my friends that know more suggest to top

I just topped the plant. This is it when I topped her.
    and this is her after completing 6 hour night cycle.
    Attached Files

Comment

• ezmaarc
      ezmaarc commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks right about when I’d do it. Autos or photos? Thats some serious internodal spacing too. Once she recovers a bit I’d consider some gradual lst bending on that main stem too..but thats just me.

• Rookiegrower710
      Rookiegrower710 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s a Photoperiod strain called Candy Bonez by breeders called Bean Fiendz. I was just thinking about lst. Never done this method… after she recovers, do you just use some wires/string to gradually bend the stems? Should iy be done on all auxiliary stalks or just on the main two? Pardon my questions buy i’m highly consideriny LST

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      Right where you topped the plant is where I base my canopy height on. Those two branches would be the highest branches I would have and I would try and bend them as flat as possible without breaking them off the main stem. Once all the other branches caught up I'd set my LST to that height and LST to harvest.

As in main stem lst the whole main stalk with all the auxiliary stalks, or just the main two that will sprout? Will be researching some lst right now in the mean time that it recovers ezmaarc

Comment

Main stalk but you’ll train the sides too. The idea is to get that canopy flat so all your buds sites get good access to light. You’ll find that now you’ve cut off that apical dominance your side branches will start getting more circulation. So you’ll be able to train those eventually too while in veg. Read up on Nebulas blog. She’s explains it all. With a photo you’re going to be able to really spread her out nice prior to flip, depending on your space of course. Photo cannabis seems to be pretty strong and forgiving in veg if you treat em tenderly and stay consistent with the fundamentals. Just keep rereading Nebulas blogs and all will be well.
      Current Grow - 5 Tangie-matics from FastBuds
      Equipment
      AC Infinity (UIS Controller 69 Pro - WIFI)
      2x4x6 Tent
      6” ACI Cloudline Pro Inline fan / Carbon Filter (Port 1)
      4.5L Cloudforge Humidifier T3 (Port 3)
      6” Cloudray oscillating (Port 4)
      Light: Spider Farmer
      SF-2000 200w (Port 2)

Containers:
      AC Infinity Fabric Pots
      3 – 5gal
      2 – 3gal

Medium:
      Soil – Fox Farm Ocean Forest
      Perlite
      Earth Worm Castings

Nutrients:
      Fox Farm
      Grow Big 6-4-4
      Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
      Big Bloom Plant Food 0-0.5-0.7
      BushDoctor Cal Mag 1-0-0

Neptune Harvest
      Seaweed Plant Food 0-0-1

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X