humidity domes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

humidity domes

I have been using humidity domes with my indoor grow routine. I started this grow just like all others that have worked, Still learning. This run i have developed lime green edging on the seedlings. Think i have left the domes on to long ?? Searched a bit on forum and site but nothing runs with the look. No nutes yet. phed water new seedling soil.
    Attached Files

That's the very reason my domes come off with the second set of leaves. I then will keep a fan on low to help strengthen the stems. Sometimes they stretch during the dark hours and I find it's necessary to use a bamboo skewer to help support them. It's been my experience that in soil they probably won't need to be fed until transplant. Looks like you have plenty of perlite so you shouldn't have to worry about over watering either. I think what you're seeing is a bit of algae and that shouldn't be an issue once you remove the domes. Have fun -

Comment

I'm experimenting with clear cups for domes. Also when planted into cups I fill appox. 2/3 's full , as new plant starts to stretch, I keep building it up to support the plant.
      Attached Files

Comment

My stalled seedlings all showed a yellow fringing on the first true leaf, size anywhere from 3mm long to about 12mm was the largest.

It didn't matter if the coco had only water to moisten it or a tiny nute wash that was EC 0.15, same yellow fringing and lime green on the rest.

The collies looked healthy till they started to curl. Domes I use are good and ventilated them on first leaf, 4 to 7 days from breaking through the coco.

I blame the H²O². Got another 10 seeds on papertowels without it now and will see how that goes.
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
        Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
        Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

I take them off one day after breaking ground.
          keeping it green with the soil thing
          love me some frosty autos
          braap
          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
            Bowhunterwoody commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here. Never left them on more than a day. Never lost one after breaking ground.

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't remember ever losing any recently, last 10 years anyway, once broken ground, but this grow I have lost one after another..think I've lost 8 or so.

First time using H²O² with a soak under 12 hours in 200 to one solution then into papertowels as normal.

Never again!

• dirtymike
            dirtymike commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats what i have done wrong this grow start. Had a few suffer the green algae of death. Learning. They look so good and green and then its over. Grow and learn.

After a brief refocus on my next grow and education from the minds of GWE I got one That just popped, Auto. As it stands its been up a little over 24 hours above ground. Humidity dome is still on for now. Ill take a pic again when she finds the light, got bent searching, had it in semi dark. Is now the time for it to stay off.??
          Attached Files

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            I use fruit juice containers and now I would have removed the lid from it which I read drops the humidity from 100% down to about 80%.

If you have lowish room humidity I'd be putting more holes in that container. Good room humidity, say 70%, you can probably remove the dome

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            4 to 7 days is typical for dome removal as that's when roots have formed but venting the dome prior is good practice.

I've just lost maybe 10 seedlings. I don't want to see any more. It's traumatising me.

Afternoon pic. Going into day 2 with dome on. Looking like the right color. I suffered the green algae of death last week. lazy me, clean clean clean.
          Attached Files

Comment

• shadycon
            shadycon commented
            Editing a comment
            This the reason I start my seedlings a couple of inches low in the pot/cups. The ones that I have planted this yr., I've already finish filling the cups up

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X