Brix & Sap PH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Brix & Sap PH

Does anyone else on here grow in hydro and measure the sap Brix and PH? I have been growing for a few years and my choice of grow media is hydro and I have a relatively brown thumb. I grow in a 6 site RDWC system and I also grow in coco coir, either an auto feed or now I put the bags of coco coir in a Ebb & Flow, doesnt get much easier. So I wasnt getting the kind of smell I wanted from my grows so I stumbled across articles on Brik levels in weed sap and that lead me to the PH levels of Sap. Brix is simply the sugar content in the Sap, checked with a refractometer, higher is better for many reasons. The sap PH tells if the plant is getting everything it needs, sap PH above 6.4 says there is a potential Anion problem and the plants are at risk of insect attack and sap PH below 6.4 could be a cation problem and the plant is at risk of disease. Brix of 8 are on the low side of average and easy to achieve in soil, I assume its because of the stress on roots pushing deeper into the soil and in water they have no resistance and not much in coco coir. So has anyone been able to achieve a brix level of higher that 12 in hydro?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X